advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
book excerpt: ‘Mother Is Not Going to Like This’ The 48 Hours That Almost Brought Down Trump.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 10, 2019 12:01PM
[www.politico.com]

The Politico writer's upcoming book paints a bleak picture that weekend for Trump. And I think it's an interesting read. Of course, that excerpt says absolutely nothing about the ace card, ready to be played for the campaign's benefit: the publication of John Podesta's stolen emails an hour later.

(An earlier accounting of that weekend I'd read, and I can't remember where, described the campaign's shock of the Access Hollywood tape instantly replaced by the comfort of the published stolen emails.)

A comment seen elsewhere: "If Hillary had just said something to the affect of "Grab me pussy boy and I'll kick you in the nuts" she would have won. The 2020 Dem candidate needs to learn from that."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: book excerpt: ‘Mother Is Not Going to Like This’ The 48 Hours That Almost Brought Down Trump.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 10, 2019 12:12PM
deckeda
A comment seen elsewhere: "If Hillary had just said something to the affect of "Grab me pussy boy and I'll kick you in the nuts" she would have won. The 2020 Dem candidate needs to learn from that."

I heard some speculation recently - the Howard Dean scream that saw him lose his frontrunner status: would that have doomed him in todays environment?
Re: book excerpt: ‘Mother Is Not Going to Like This’ The 48 Hours That Almost Brought Down Trump.
Date: July 10, 2019 12:33PM
hal
deckeda

I heard some speculation recently - the Howard Dean scream that saw him lose his frontrunner status: would that have doomed him in todays environment?

Anything is fodder for a reprobate that has (for example) no problem openly mocking a disabled person, and people willing to cheer him on for doing so.

From the excerpt at the link, note how on that day before the 2nd debate when Ryan stood all alone in Wisconsin to acknowledge "the elephant in the room" (the Access tape released the day before) and the crowd didn't boo Trump, it booed Ryan. On his home turf no less.

Clinton, who "won" the next day's debate, had already lost because the GOP had already lost to Trump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2019 12:35PM by deckeda.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 10, 2019 12:56PM
I saw and read that.

I found it depressing. How the hell did this guy get elected?
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 10, 2019 12:59PM

the only gossip from the plane ride was Trump railing against Giuliani’s performance on the Sunday shows, yelling repeatedly through the cabin, “What the @#$%& is Rudy doing? Get this guy off the television!”

They never say what Rudy did, but it could apply to just about every time he opens his mouth.
Date: July 10, 2019 01:02PM
pdq
... How the hell did this guy get elected?

He did it old fashioned way. One deplorable idiot at a time.

Elections are visceral if they're anything at all (and for most of America they are "meh" non-events.)

We can't wait for lightbulbs to come on, for people to wonder enough to ask, "Hey, how come this happened?" and then to be there and answer, "Because the person you didn't vote for didn't get elected, that's why." That's fantasy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 315
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018