AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Mississippi Taliban
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 10, 2019 08:13PM
Funny but also not really:
[mississippitoday.org]

Republican gubernatorial candidate Rep. Robert Foster denied
a woman reporter for Mississippi Today access to a campaign trip ride along. Foster's campaign director told her she would need to be accompanied by a male colleague.

He's worried somebody will think they're having an affair.

Foster on twitter:
Before our decision to run, my wife and I made a commitment to follow the “Billy Graham Rule”, which is to avoid any situation that may evoke suspicion or compromise of our marriage. I am sorry Ms. Campbell doesn’t share these views, but my decision was out of respect of my wife.
[twitter.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mississippi Taliban
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 10, 2019 08:17PM
What if Mother rode along instead of a male colleague? She must not be all that busy.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 10, 2019 08:41PM
Translation: "I don't trust myself around her, and lack the confidence a grown man would have to address or ignore any remote possibility of alleged impropriety."

So many layers of repressive, retrograde, insecure and vain issues there.

$1 says that if the reporter was old, obese, ugly none of this would have come up. What a moron.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 10, 2019 08:42PM
Sounds like he's saying that he can now only be in the company of men.

My gaydar is twitching...
Date: July 10, 2019 08:44PM
deckeda
Translation: "I don't trust myself around her, and lack the confidence a grown man would have to address or ignore any remote possibility of alleged impropriety."

So many layers of repressive, retrograde, insecure and vain issues there.

$1 says that if the reporter was old, obese, ugly none of this would have come up. What a moron.

sorry... that's not it...

Date: July 10, 2019 08:49PM
Nah, this is isn't an "actually, I'm secretly gay ... " scenario. It's a Mike Pence-married-his-mom thing. 'Cause ya know, only one woman can ever be PURE. Mom, and the one I marry that's "just like her."

His wife signed up for this life, similarly cloistered and continually fearful. More's the pity I guess.
Date: July 10, 2019 08:52PM
hal

sorry... that's not it....

That's why I said IF.

She seems young and attractive and possibly more um, lively than the crone he married.

Yes I'm unfairly attacking this guy's wife, who I know nothing about. I take it back. I'm sure she's a fine person and an ideal wife.

And yet.

And yet "for whatever reason" the reporter is a threat.

Bottom line, that's his "problem," not mine.
Date: July 10, 2019 09:01PM
His wife is young and attractive. That's not what this is about.
It's about somebody stuck in another century or another continent with patronizing views of women.

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2019 09:02PM by Lemon Drop.
Date: July 10, 2019 09:14PM
Of course my assessment of his wife was a dumb joke based on nothing.

Yes he's over-reacting to imagined threats and with zero regard to the reporter's credentials.

Yes he's equally also afraid of his own penis."Why is she here? My penis. Why is another woman attractive? My penis. Why might someone accuse me of cheating? My penis. If only I didn't have this penis in public life everything would be OK."

I doubt that classically patriarchal viewpoints that discriminate against women can't exist without that Freudian "id" fear.
Date: July 10, 2019 09:30PM
Yeah all that or could also be that he's cheated before and is publicly overcompensating for the wife's benefit.

But I'm glad the reporter made a lot of noise about this because all he's really doing is committing illegal discrimination against this reporter.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 10, 2019 09:51PM
Blue-green algae in Mississippi waters drive them into mad @#$%& ecstasies. It's out of their control.

Toxic Algae Bloom Closes 25 Beaches On Mississippi's Coast, Fed By Fresh Floodwaters
[www.cbsnews.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 10, 2019 10:35PM
Don’t forget Pence. Yes , the VP won’t meet with a woman without his wife present.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 11, 2019 07:39AM
I think this is simply pandering to the republican base, many of whom believe that the "me too" is all about militant femi-nazis taking down good, innocent, family men.
Date: July 11, 2019 09:30AM
Lux Interior
I think this is simply pandering to the republican base, many of whom believe that the "me too" is all about militant femi-nazis taking down good, innocent, family men.

There's that. She-devils are everywhere.
Date: July 11, 2019 08:46PM
I thought this was a good take-down of the so-called "Billy Graham [excuse]" : [www.washingtonpost.com]
Date: July 11, 2019 08:48PM
deckeda
I thought this was a good take-down of the so-called "Billy Graham [excuse]" : [www.washingtonpost.com]

thumbs up
Date: July 12, 2019 03:36PM
deckeda

that was fantastic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 291
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018