AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Mass immigration roundups in U.S. to start Sunday: New York Times
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 11, 2019 09:30AM
'First, they came for the undocumented immigrant families...'

Mass immigration roundups in U.S. to start Sunday: New York Times
[www.reuters.com]

(Reuters) - Roundups of undocumented immigrant families will start Sunday in 10 U.S. cities, fulfilling a hardline immigration stance from U.S. President Donald Trump which will be a key issue in his 2020 re-election bid, the New York Times reported.

The raids will be conducted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents over a number of days starting July 14, the Times reported citing unnamed sources including two current and one former homeland security officials.

The officials told the Times that ICE agents were targeting at least 2,000 immigrants who have been ordered deported but remain in the country illegally.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mass immigration roundups in U.S. to start Sunday: New York Times
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 11, 2019 08:11PM
You know, I would be outraged by this, but after the citizenship question debacle, you just know the Trumpies are gonna screw this up.

You just know it.

I feel sorry for the people that are gonna get caught up in this abomination, and I'd be happy to help them hide out if necessary. But I think longer term/big picture, this is either gonna be almost nothing, or they're gonna screw it up so bad that it will backfire bigly.

That's what I'm expecting, anyway.
Re: Mass immigration roundups in U.S. to start Sunday: New York Times
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 11, 2019 08:53PM
pdq
you just know the Trumpies are gonna screw this up.

You just know it.

You mean with an image coming out like this?

My memory is fuzzy, but I don't recall many conservatives cheering Clinton that day, even though it is what they are calling for today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 266
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018