advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump says Dems should go back to totally broken and crime infested places from which they came
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 14, 2019 10:11AM
as opposed to Trump...

...who grew up tending his Dad's rose garden right here in Queens?

more hate-filled lying tweets for Trump's goose-steppers:

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.”

“So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run.”

Tlaib was born in the United States and Omar, whose family fled war-torn Somalia when she was a child, is an American citizen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 10:11AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump says Dems should go back to totally broken and crime infested places from which they came
Date: July 14, 2019 10:17AM
good comment:
"Melania's the first on the boat"
Re: Trump says Dems should go back to totally broken and crime infested places from which they came
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 14, 2019 10:53AM
Berkeley's pretty nice, I thought.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 14, 2019 11:17AM
A clumsy attempt to divide the House that backfired.

Madame Speaker
When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to “Make America Great Again” has always been about making America white again. Our diversity is our strength and our unity is our power.

Rather than attack Members of Congress, he should work with us for humane immigration policy that reflects American values.

It's today's example of unfitness to serve. We'e never had anyone so remotely below the mark.

It's indefensible. And yet his supporters and apologists remain silent.

It's example # 8973498723 of how so many of his voters get all queasy when he says things like this, yet still prefer him to anyone else. And then when you call them out, either get defensive or just shut down.
Posted by: Janit
Date: July 14, 2019 11:22AM
The targets of Trumps remarks also included Reps. Ayanna Pressley (born in Cincinnati) and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (born in New York).

It's birtherism revisited.

I am sure that, as far as Trump is concerned, the only people who should qualify for US citizenship are those who are white. Everyone else is just an "illegal," and should be de-naturalized even if they were born here.

Next installment will be the reclassification of a variety ethnic groups that were once considered not "really" white, like the Irish, the Italians, the Jews, etc etc etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 11:28AM by Janit.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 14, 2019 11:45AM
The attack on AOC is just another example declaring PR a foreign country...
Date: July 14, 2019 12:15PM
He also mentioned today, as part of his enthusiasm for how well conditions are at his concentration camps (in contrast to Pence's statements) that the camps are "also loaded up with a big percentage of criminals......"

Open your mouth, Trump voters. He's got a lot to give you.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 14, 2019 12:40PM
I know some of y’all are appalled but literally every Black or Brown person in public life has been told “go back to Africa” at one point or another.

Racism ain’t new, it just doesn’t wear a hood anymore

Bakari Sellers
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 14, 2019 12:59PM
“The media is starting to tune Trump out, and it’s helping him in the polls”

[www.washingtonpost.com]

“I’m not the first to observe that if the president wants better approval ratings, all he needs to do is shut up. Every time he stops tweeting, his numbers improve. Besides, the economy is good, and the public grows fond of presidents who preside over strong economies. Barring a recession, if Trump would just let the economic news speak for itself, he could probably sail to reelection.

Luckily for Democrats, Trump seems constitutionally incapable of learning from experience. Unluckily for the Democrats, their primaries are mimicking the effect of Trump holstering his Twitter finger. The media is now too busy analyzing the Democratic race to provide wall-to-wall coverage of Trump’s every tweet.”

——

At least the media is giving this latest racist attack plenty of coverage.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 14, 2019 01:14PM
Speedy
The media is now too busy analyzing the Democratic race to provide wall-to-wall coverage of Trump’s every tweet.”

Trump gets plenty of coverage. Everything he tweets is being discussed somewhere - it's just that there is other stuff going on now too.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 14, 2019 02:17PM
Dumbass Donald just did for House Democrats what Nancy Pelosi has been attempting to do all week… bring them back together. What a fool…
Date: July 14, 2019 02:53PM
bfd
Dumbass Donald just did for House Democrats what Nancy Pelosi has been attempting to do all week… bring them back together. What a fool…

no @#$%&! He is so concerned with his base... he just doesn't care about the middle... FORGET the left. This guy getting more than 35% of the popular vote in 2020 will be astonishing to me given the 4 year look we had of Trump. All of those, 'I dunno, I'll vote for Trump, I guess...' types should be able to see the light by 2020. I hope...
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 14, 2019 02:59PM
An oldie but goodie: [www.youtube.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: July 14, 2019 03:21PM
Complete silence from his Republican Party. Bigoted attacks okay with them.
Re: Trump says Dems should go back to totally broken and crime infested places from which they c
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 14, 2019 04:18PM
Lemon Drop
I know some of y’all are appalled but literally every Black or Brown person in public life has been told “go back to Africa” at one point or another.

I always have to kind of laugh at this - after 1808, it was illegal to import slaves to the United States, so virtually all US slaves born in Africa “immigrated” before then, representing 1.2 million of the 7.2 million total population of the US in 1810. Of course, the vast, vast majority of other immigrants to the US arrived well after that time, with the peak year of (mostly “white”) immigration coming nearly a century later (1907), at ~1.2 million.

...which means that the average African-American can trace back their ancestry in America waaay longer than most of the rest of us.

Go back to Africa? Go back to Europe, you johnny-come-latelys! The truth is, black folks have been here a lot longer than most of us white folks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 04:19PM by pdq.
Date: July 14, 2019 04:24PM
Steve G.

He's had them whipped for a while now. Maybe Romney will call it out, he does it pretty regularly but I don't think anyone cares.
Date: July 14, 2019 05:10PM
Speedy

And this is why you always report the "minutia" the President says.

From 2016, no probably before, so many people dismissed what he said as either rhetoric or stuff-that-wouldn't-happen.

No actually, he's a racist and he wants to hurt people. It's pretty simple, and it should not ever be allowed to be normalized. I've never understood why there's misunderstanding about "where his heart is."

I have friends and family who will say, "well, he's trying to the right thing, same as anyone else (but gosh, I guess he might sorta be flawed, just like everyone else.)"

No. NOT like "everyone else."
Date: July 14, 2019 05:31PM
deckeda
Speedy

From 2016, no probably before, so many people dismissed what he said as either rhetoric or stuff-that-wouldn't-happen.

No actually, he's a racist and he wants to hurt people. It's pretty simple, and it should not ever be allowed to be normalized. I've never understood why there's misunderstanding about "where his heart is."

I have friends and family who will say, "well, he's trying to the right thing, same as anyone else (but gosh, I guess he might sorta be flawed, just like everyone else.)"

That's when you say, 'yeah, I'm sure everyone you know talks about grabbing pussy whenever they feel like it because they are famous and people will let them... or maybe I'm mistaken...'
Date: July 14, 2019 05:41PM
Lemon Drop
Steve G.

He's had them whipped for a while now. Maybe Romney will call it out, he does it pretty regularly but I don't think anyone cares.

If moderate Dems in purple districts and states think they need to tread lightly, it's not a stretch to realize why so many more moderate Republicans don't regularly speak out, yeah?

No one wants to blink first, or they don't think it matters, or, or whatever. WaPo noted that this weekend's pow-wow of "normal" Republicans at a private gathering include several "never Trumpers" who have decided they can't make it in the Party without him.

While some have become prominent figures of the anti-Trump resistance — denouncing him in op-eds and on cable news — others have offered policy advice from outside perches, and a select few have quietly, though mostly unsuccessfully, angled for administration jobs, hopeful that a mea culpa could end their days in purgatory.

This weekend, a few dozen once-prominent GOP foreign policy figures, including some original “never Trumpers,” are gathering at a private Reagan Institute retreat in Beaver Creek, Colo., to promote and preserve the 40th president’s “conservative internationalist” approach to foreign affairs. Yet the White House has shown little willingness to tap into this wellspring of expertise, even as Trump cycles through national security aides and faces a dwindling pool of experienced staffers for a potential second term.

The ostracizing of the group has led some to reconsider their roles in a prominent public movement to stop Trump three years ago.

It goes on to quote a few who would not consider signing another "never Trump" document like they did back in 2016. I suppose once the unthinkable achieves power, if YOU still desire power, you either @#$%& or get off the pot.
Date: July 14, 2019 05:50PM
hal
deckeda
Speedy

That's when you say, 'yeah, I'm sure everyone you know talks about grabbing pussy whenever they feel like it because they are famous and people will let them... or maybe I'm mistaken...'

We've all had conversations of fantasy, where in our dreams logic and rational thought wins the argument and the person. Idealism is more powerful. Irrational behavior is stronger than crystal methamphetamine. (You can at least physically TAKE the meth away.)
Date: July 14, 2019 06:08PM
Awesome response to Trump from Rep. Jim Himes of CT:

Unlike the Democratic Congresswomen realDonaldTrump
attacked today, I actually am a foreign-born Member of Congress. But I’m a white male of European descent, so there’s no chance he’ll attack me.

His tantrum has nothing to do with birthplace.
Date: July 14, 2019 06:13PM
Or it could descend into some quality trolling: Every statement about whatever could just be ended with, "I’m a white male of European descent, so I know the President agrees with me."
Date: July 14, 2019 06:13PM
Lemon Drop
...so there’s no chance he’ll attack me.

he will NOW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 06:14PM by hal.
Date: July 14, 2019 06:27PM
deckeda
Or it could descend into some quality trolling: Every statement about whatever could just be ended with, "I’m a white male of European descent, so I know the President agrees with me."

That isn't what he was saying though.
Date: July 14, 2019 06:29PM
hal
Lemon Drop

he will NOW

Let him. Himes can just get into the trolling if he wants. Is there really a downside?

"B-but Donald, don't you know I'M WHITE?? I thought you liked that! (sniff)"
Date: July 14, 2019 06:29PM
Lemon Drop
deckeda

That isn't what he was saying though.

Understood.
Date: July 14, 2019 06:30PM
hal
Lemon Drop

he will NOW

Himes would love that.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 14, 2019 06:34PM
jelani cobb @jelani9
If you’re keeping score, the House Democratic leadership and the racist xenophobic President of the United States are attacking... the same 4 Democrats.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: July 14, 2019 07:06PM
Filliam H. Muffman
jelani cobb @jelani9
If you’re keeping score, the House Democratic leadership and the racist xenophobic President of the United States are attacking... the same 4 Democrats.

Aw, Mr. Cobb must have forgotten how just the other day Trump "defended" House Democratic leadership by tweeting The Squad shouldn't call those poor moderates such racist things.

Things move quickly, and it can be tough to correctly identify an "attack" vs a 'lil spanking.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 14, 2019 08:35PM
He's trying to keep the Pelosi v Squad thing alive.

He's firing up his base. Look for "Lock Them Up" to be the new chant.

He likes to upset the liberals. He loves the reactions we all accommodate him with.

Honestly, who still thinks that "economic inequality" drove his voters? tsk tsk, time to give that one up for good.

Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: July 14, 2019 08:38PM
It's one thing for him to say that those born in America should go back where they came from. But the breathtaking part for me was the idea that members of Congress should have nothing to say about how the country is run. Remember that ceremony in January 2017, Don? Remember the oath you swore to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution? Meant about as much to you as your wedding vows, I see.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 14, 2019 08:52PM
Mr Downtown
It's one thing for him to say that those born in America should go back where they came from. But the breathtaking part for me was the idea that members of Congress should have nothing to say about how the country is run. Remember that ceremony in January 2017, Don? Remember the oath you swore to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution? Meant about as much to you as your wedding vows, I see.

It makes the claims of the Tea Party that they were all about being true to the Constitution a farce because I'm sure that almost all of them that are still here are ardent Trump supporters. Of course, I suppose they look at the Constitution like they do their Bible - seeing whatever they want to see in it and ignore the parts that get in the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 08:52PM by Ted King.
Date: July 14, 2019 08:55PM
$tevie
...Honestly, who still thinks that "economic inequality" drove his voters? tsk tsk, time to give that one up for good.

I think it drove some of them, because not all voters think in lock step. There are zillions of them that think absolutely nothing of stuff like this racist crap because in their mind it's a total non sequitur, somehow completely irrelevant to everything on their radar. Ask or confront them about racism and their response isn't Yes or No, but "Why are you even bothering with this noise?" Not a hot button at all.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 14, 2019 09:21PM
Speedy

On a weekend when few people pay attention.

And they're (generally) not calling it "racism."

NPR blew it entirely and made the "bland as we can make it" move, reporting "some democrats are calling it racially insensitive..."

It's racist.

It's not just racist. It's one of the most common things that racists say when they feel especially empowered to be racist in public.

There is no hand-waving to make this look like a mistake in phrasing. There is no "you're reading into it" element to this.

It's not simply "bigoted" and it's not "insensitive." It's blatant flaming explosive no-holds-barred outright unequivocally racist.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 15, 2019 02:18AM
This was very deliberate propaganda.

And added bonus, it got us to stop talking about Epstein.

Don’t let this guy control the narrative.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 304
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018