advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Another Republican weighs in on his racist party boss
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 17, 2019 01:58PM
Rep. Mike Kelly (Pa.)
You know, they talk about people of color. I'm a person of color. I'm white.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another Republican weighs in on his racist party boss
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 17, 2019 02:00PM
"And why can't I use the N word if I want to?"
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 17, 2019 02:06PM
Funnier in context:

“You know, they talk about people of color. I'm a person of color. I'm white. I'm an Anglo Saxon. People say things all the time, but I don't get offended,” Pennsylvania GOP Rep. Mike Kelly told VICE News before the blowup over Pelosi’s comments. “‘With a name like Mike Kelly you can’t be from any place else but Ireland.’”

[news.vice.com]
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 17, 2019 02:37PM
Maybe Mike Kelly should go home, too…
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 17, 2019 02:44PM
"I'm an Anglo Saxon" and his ancestors are Irish. We should have a conversation, Mike.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 17, 2019 02:47PM
Lemon Drop
"I'm an Anglo Saxon" and his ancestors are Irish. We should have a conversation, Mike.

heh heh
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 17, 2019 02:57PM
The Nativist Riots of 1844:

[www.phillymag.com]

On May 3, 1844, members of a political organization called the American Republican Party — known as “nativists” because they favored the rights of those born here over those of immigrants — held a public rally in Kensington [part of Philadelphia], where many of the Irish Catholics had settled. Local residents took umbrage and attacked the platform where the nativists were speechifying. The nativists fled, but three days later they returned — thousands of them. Fights, predictably, broke out between them and the Irish Catholics. Somebody started shooting from the windows of buildings. Several nativists were killed, inciting their mob to attack the Seminary of the Sisters of Charity and a few local homes. Two more nativists died, and dozens of people were injured.
- - - - -
The following morning, the nativists called on fellow citizens to “throw off the bloody hand of the Pope” and marched on Kensington again. Gunfire erupted once more, and this time the local fire station, 30 homes and the Nanny Goat Market burned before the state militia managed to disperse the crowds.

Bishop Kenrick called on his fellow Catholics to maintain the peace, and people hung flags from their windows and scrawled “Native American” on their doors in charcoal, hoping to escape more violence. But the nativists descended on Kensington for a third day, burning down St. Michael’s church at 2nd and Jefferson and finishing off the Seminary of the Sisters of Charity. The mob then torched St. Augustine’s at 4th and Vine as well as a nearby school. All told, 14 more people died in the mayhem, 50 were injured, and hundreds lost their homes.
- - - - -
A nativist recounting of the Irish Catholic participants in the riots included this description:

Great numbers of women now joined the fray, and no tigress ever fought more desperately or frantically for its prey, than these did for their foreign masters. … “By the Holy Virgin!” they yelled, as their unbound hair streamed around their hideously distorted visages.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 17, 2019 03:14PM
Nothing new for Republicans to act cluelessly when being asked to connect the dots. The 1927 Klan rally where Fred Trump got arrested? They protested Kellyanne Conway’s Irish roots.

The “logic” is that since everyone is from somewhere it’s OK to tell anyone to go home. Because ultimately they have an original home. So it’s technically possible to go there. My head hurts.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 17, 2019 03:20PM
Lemon Drop

the Irish continue to pollute our shores, I see
Our Proud German President should take action immediately
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 17, 2019 03:48PM

I wonder how his Catholic grandparents felt when the Klan was burning a cross on their lawn.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 17, 2019 04:46PM
Fun fact: Only one signer of the Declaration of Independence was Catholic.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 17, 2019 06:23PM
Lemon Drop
Funnier in context:

“You know, they talk about people of color. I'm a person of color. I'm white. I'm an Anglo Saxon. People say things all the time, but I don't get offended,” Pennsylvania GOP Rep. Mike Kelly told VICE News before the blowup over Pelosi’s comments. “‘With a name like Mike Kelly you can’t be from any place else but Ireland.’”

[news.vice.com]

<sarcasm>

Meh!

The "real" Irish are Picts and Gaels, not Saxons.

His Anglo ancestors must have been filthy raping drug-smuggling Romans, Danes and Germans who polluted the otherwise pure Gaelic bloodlines and took good Gaelic jobs!

Send him back to Germany!

</sarcasm>

Posted by: wave rider
Date: July 17, 2019 07:33PM
“By the Holy Virgin!” seems like a catchy battle cry.

=wr=
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 325
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018