advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ann Coulter on Hillegree, Teddy's Owl Club, and Nagin: hooty hoo!
Posted by: Furiously Stylish
Date: January 19, 2006 02:09AM
'Chocolate City' Sprinkled With Nuts

By: Ann Coulter

So Hillary Clinton thinks the House of Representatives is being "run like a plantation." And, she added, "you know what I'm talking about."

First of all: Think about what a weird coincidence it is that Hillary would have made these remarks in a black church in Harlem on Martin Luther King Day. What are the odds? Did she even know it was a holiday? Bravely spoken, Senator. I haven't been this surprised since finding out Hollywood likes a movie about gay cowboys.

As Hillary explained, the House "has been run in a way so that nobody with a contrary view has had a chance to present legislation, to make an argument, to be heard."

Yes, that's what was really missing on plantations during the slavery era: the opportunity to present a contrary view. Gosh, if only the slaves had been allowed to call for cloture votes. What a difference that would have made!

Madam Hillary also said the Bush administration "will go down in history as one of the worst that has ever governed our country." While Hillary is certainly qualified to comment on what the all-time worst presidential administrations were, having had firsthand experience in one of them, I think she might want to avoid the phrase "go down in history."

All I can say is: It's a good thing we had a stealth candidate like Harriet Miers to tiptoe past these powerful, scary Democrats! Sorry if that sounds churlish, but after Judge Samuel Alito's magnificent performance last week, I think Republicans can stop being afraid of their shadows when it comes to our judicial nominees.

Ever since Bork, Republicans have been terrified of nominating candidates with something in their background that might possibly suggest the nominee did not get down on his knees (another phrase Hillary should avoid) and thank God for Roe v. Wade every night. That's how we ended up with mediocrities like David Hackett Souter and Anthony "Third Choice" Kennedy on the Supreme Court.

Besides being stunningly qualified, the characteristics of the current stellar Supreme Court nominee include these:

* His mother immediately told the press, "Of course he's against abortion."

* He had expressed support for the Reagan administration's positions on abortion in a 1985 memo.

* He refused to accede to the Democrats' endless browbeating and tell them that Roe was "settled law."

And the Democrats couldn't lay a finger on him. Sam Alito marks the final purging of the Bork experience.

All the Democrats could do was scream about his inactive membership – back in the '70s – in CAP, Concerned Alumni of Princeton, which had a magazine called Prospect, which once ran an article, apparently satirical, complaining about Princeton admitting co-eds. In my mind, the only potentially disqualifying aspect of Alito's record was that he wasn't a more active member of CAP, a group opposed to quotas, set-asides and the lowering of academic standards at Princeton.

Then this week, we found out Sen. Teddy Kennedy still belongs to an organization that doesn't admit women. Oh – also, he killed a girl.

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned that before – I don't recall, Mr. Chairman – but I don't understand why everyone doesn't mention it every time Senator Drunkennedy has the audacity to talk about how "troubled" and "concerned" he is about this or that nominee. I bet Mary Jo was "troubled" and "concerned" about the senator leaving her trapped in a car under water while he went back to the hotel to create an alibi.

It's not as if Democrats can say: OK, OK! The man paid a price! Let it go! He didn't pay a price. The Kopechne family paid a price. Kennedy weaved away scot-free.

But the Democrats are "troubled" about Sam Alito's membership in Concerned Alumni of Princeton 30 years ago. If they're "concerned" about lifetime appointments for people with memberships in "troubling" organizations, wait until they hear about Bob Byrd! (Former Kleagle, Ku Klux Klan.)

They're a rotten bunch, these Democrats, and I'm happy to see an end to their reign of terror.

Now that Zell Miller is out of office, the only office-holding Democrat I like anymore is Ray Nagin, mayor of New Orleans. I had never heard of him until Hurricane Katrina, but after his "gaffe" this week, he's my favorite Democrat. I like a politician who casually spouts off insanely politically incorrect remarks in front of large audiences and TV cameras.

Nagin cheerfully told a crowd gathered for a Martin Luther King Day celebration that New Orleans would soon be "Chocolate City" again. I don't know who's supposed to be offended by that. I'm not. Perhaps all the white mayors who know they couldn't have said it. True, life's unfair. Oh well.

When it comes to choice-of-word crimes, I'd prefer detente to mutually assured destruction. Lead us off the chocolate plantation, Mayor Nagin!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ann Coulter on Hillegree, Teddy's Owl Club, and Nagin: hooty hoo!
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: January 19, 2006 02:48AM
What concerns me more about Alito is his advocacy of the "unitary executive" theory, which calls for increasing the power of the presidency, and would support Bush's unconstitutional spying on Americans without a warrant, interpreting laws to his own standards rather than Congress's, such as the recent torture ban which he claims the right to circumvent. Alito will give the extreme right a 5 to 4 majority in the court for several decades. This is the path to dictatorship where Bush can order you arrested and held indefinitely without charge on his mere suspicion that you are doing or planning something illegal, or just a "bad person." No one will be safe. Right now the PATRIOT act allows the government to break into your home, seize your computer and personal records, and you will never be told, thinking you've just been burglarized. Bush has had a U.S. citizen assassinated in Yemen, without trial or conviction, but merely on his whim. Nazi Germany was a lesson many have forgotten.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 19, 2006 02:57AM
"They're a rotten bunch, these Democrats, and I'm happy to see an end to their reign of terror."

whatta nutcase...
Posted by: Furiously Stylish
Date: January 19, 2006 07:15AM
hal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "They're a rotten bunch, these Democrats, and I'm
> happy to see an end to their reign of terror."
>
> whatta nutcase...

What's the one word that we could replace in that sentence so that it would make it look like something that would come out of the mouth of any number of Ann's opposites on the other side of the great political divide?

(Not to mention at least a dozen characters here who <del>post</del> cut and paste nothing but "Bush bad" dogmatic mental meanderings.)
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: January 19, 2006 07:22AM
As a Nixonian Republican, I find her remarks to be a continued embarassment of herself, but also probably one of the better (the best being Limbaugh) examples of just how out of touch and far leaning the party has become.

As they become less interested in civil liberties, I become more interested in them.

They certainly do not represent me. The anti-Kerry forces that "bound us" immediately fractured within days of the election. I didn't vote for Bush. I voted for Cheney and Rumsfeld. Condemn me if you will, but I couldn't handle Kerry. And with BumbleBUSH serving as the figurehead of this government, it was the lesser evil of the two.

I can't wait for 2008. Hopefully John Danforth or Lieberman will discover the path which all moderates from both sides can plow through.

For those interested (truly interested) I suggest you read Danforth's OpEd pieces in the NYT. There are two in particular that are most revealing and dead on target.

[www.theocracywatch.org]
The problem is not with people or churches that are politically active. It is with a party that has gone so far in adopting a sectarian agenda that it has become the political extension of a religious movement.
-March 2005

I would never have thought in a million years that I'd advocate an Epsicopal priest as the head of the US government (because I'm not religious), but the man is an attorney, a ambassadorial statesman and a former 3 term US Senator. He's got his act together and is universally respected. That is something that few people in politics can say these days.

As for Coulter .... (how impressive her interviews are with a legal library behind her). She is nothing but a useless, self serving cuntal being. No better than Limbuagh and a cause for concern. Who else would have the audacity to say a president "jacks off in his shoes" - and get applause for it?!?

Those who applaud such disrespect of "the office" are the ones I fear most.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2006 07:23AM by Jimmypoo.
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: January 19, 2006 07:47AM
The best thing to do when Ms. Coulter tries to get your attention is to turn away and firmly ignore her.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: January 19, 2006 07:56AM
unless her mouth is shut and her legs are spread.
Posted by: brofoski
Date: January 19, 2006 11:47AM
Ann Coulter, Al Frankin, Michael Moore, and Sean Hannity and their kind are all strife profiteers, and a disgrace to this country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2006 02:12PM by brofoski.
Posted by: -jeffB
Date: January 19, 2006 02:14PM
Jimmypoo Wrote:
> unless her mouth is shut

Or, if you're very brave, full.
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: January 19, 2006 02:48PM

Posted by: incognegro
Date: January 19, 2006 03:17PM
Robert Bork, an interesting person:

[en.wikipedia.org]

married to a former nun?! that means she renounced God for Bork.

"Bork's law texts are typically based on the Framers' original understanding of the United States Constitution, and in his texts he argues that constitutional text should be interpreted based on such understandings. He wrote of the result of what he considered loose interpretations of the Constitution: "We are increasingly governed not by law or elected representatives but by an unelected, unrepresentative, unaccountable committee of lawyers applying no will but their own." Reiterating that it is the Court's task to adjudicate and not to "legislate from the bench," he has advocated that judges exercise restraint when authoring opinions and dissents."

Date: January 19, 2006 06:42PM
Robert Bork, an interesting person:

[en.wikipedia.org]

married to a former nun?! that means she renounced God for Bork.

He must have some schwanschtucker/

Posted by: Macaficionado
Date: January 19, 2006 08:14PM
hal Wrote:
> "They're a rotten bunch, these Democrats, and I'm
> happy to see an end to their reign of terror."
>
> whatta nutcase...

Accusing someone of being a democrat is a very hateful epithet
and its uncalled for and down right mean.

Date: January 19, 2006 09:49PM
RFK, Jr. was right: 90% of the Repubs are corrupt, and 75% of the Dems. The flurry of "reform" going on now is meaningless until we get publicly financed elections to get the money out of politics entirely.

Posted by: Spock
Date: January 19, 2006 10:20PM

It that an Adams Apple in this picture of 'him'?
Date: January 19, 2006 10:37PM
Spock Wrote:

> It that an Adams Apple in this picture of 'him'?

The size 13 heels are kinda suspicious, too. I wonder if she discussed that with her doctor?
[www.moss-fritch.com]

Even if she's not a he, making love to a skeleton would be creepy.

Date: January 20, 2006 12:39AM
popeye thought she was hot.

Posted by: Pops
Date: January 20, 2006 01:37AM
Ann Coulter needs a regular spot somewhere as a comedienne.
Date: January 20, 2006 01:40AM
Pops Wrote:
> Ann Coulter needs a regular spot somewhere as a
> comedienne.

Or a commode.

Date: January 20, 2006 01:43AM
Note the similarities:

Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 20, 2006 01:49AM
Anyone else think she's just another byproduct of the real turning point for the broadcast media, the repeal of the "Fairness Doctrine"?
Date: January 20, 2006 08:29AM
The airwaves are public domain which we, the public, grant exclusive use of portions in exchange for a service provided the public. That privilege comes with responsibility to ensure that partisan opinion is balanced. Raygun's betrayal of that public trust is but one act of treason he committed, ranking, imho, with his selling weapons to Iran to fund his secret war on Nicaraugua, which killed tens of thousands of innocent civilians. Like Bush, (and Clinton) he was a mass murderer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018