advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
A 14-year-old confessed to fatally shooting five of his family members
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 04, 2019 08:06AM
[www.washingtonpost.com]

“The teenager called 911 to say he’d heard gunshots upstairs while in the basement.

The 14-year-old repeated the story to deputies who arrived early Tuesday morning, as they took stock of a horrific scene inside the home in Elkmont, Ala. Five people had been shot, the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office said. Three were dead, while two were airlifted to hospitals in critical condition.

But the teen’s story was inconsistent, sheriff’s office spokesman Stephen Young said Tuesday — and when investigators pressed in an interview, the teen confessed: He had shot his father, stepmother and three siblings Monday night.

By Tuesday morning, all the victims were dead, the sheriff’s office said.

It was “a tragedy on a scale that we’re not used to here in Limestone County, Alabama,” Young told reporters.

“This is going to have a ripple effect among family, among friends, among the local community here in the Elkmont area,” he added, saying, “This affects all of us.”

The teen, who has not been named and is being held in a juvenile detention center, is charged with five counts of juvenile murder. But he could face charges as an adult, Young said.

Investigators are still working to understand the teen’s motive, he said.

The victims, according to the sheriff’s office, are the teen’s 38-year-old father, John Sisk, his 35-year-old stepmother, Mary Sisk, his 6-year-old brother, his 5-year-old sister and his 6-month-old brother. Authorities have not named the children.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A 14-year-old confessed to fatally shooting five of his family members
Posted by: hal
Date: September 04, 2019 01:33PM
He shot and killed a baby on purpose - his little brother. AND a 6 year old and a 5 year old. I just can't imagine how a kid could become so lost. A teen wanting to murder his parents - sure, that's not that hard to understand, but actually doing it??? and then to follow through and to keep killing all of those little ones...
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 04, 2019 02:50PM
Sounds likely to have involved psychosis or psychopathy.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 04, 2019 03:24PM
Where did a 14 year old get the gun? I've seen no mention of that.

Was it just lying on the couch in the living room so Mom could shoot rats while watch TeeVee?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 04, 2019 06:23PM
He may have just been standing his ground although with the six month old that defense could be tough.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: testcase
Date: September 07, 2019 06:59PM
LOTS of school age children gets LOTS of "medications" prescribed just because a teacher, counselor of parent doesn't have the skills needed to raise a child and, is looking for an "easy fix".

I have to wonder what, if any, drugs this child was on.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 07, 2019 07:40PM
I repeat...where did he get the gun?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 08, 2019 12:26AM
testcase
LOTS of school age children gets LOTS of "medications" prescribed just because a teacher, counselor of parent doesn't have the skills needed to raise a child and, is looking for an "easy fix".

This is like the 'mental illness' retort the NRA encourages. It's also wild supposition. Drugs or no drugs, without an available gun there is probably no family massacre unless he then burned the house down.

Blaming gun deaths on anything but availability of guns is ignoring the basic problem. There are just way too many guns out there.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 08, 2019 01:47PM
RgrF
testcase

This is like the 'mental illness' retort the NRA encourages. It's also wild supposition. Drugs or no drugs, without an available gun there is probably no family massacre unless he then burned the house down.

Blaming gun deaths on anything but availability of guns is ignoring the basic problem. There are just way too many guns out there.

Agree on both. I've heard of Parents being reported to Child Protective Services for refusing to drug their kids at the school's direction. They pulled the student out and the next school, a private one, along with the family doctor, said the drugs were not needed.

Someone told me that in Japan and London they have issues with random stabbings! I responded I'll take on a guy with a knife. I might lose, but I've got better chance than against some fool with a 30 shot magazine!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 343
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018