advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Latest poll (IBD) has Trump back down to 39% approval
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 04, 2019 09:43AM
...lowest in a year.

Trump’s net approval rating on his handling of the economy shrank to +7 points (46% approve; 39% disapprove). That’s down from +10 points in August (46%-36%) and +15 points in July (48%-33%). Over the same time, views of Trump’s handling of trade with China have gone from neutral to increasingly negative. Trump’s net approval went from flat in July (42%-42%) to -4 points in August (40% approval; 44% disapproval) to -10 points in September (39%-49%).

Jennifer Rubin continues:

For all his bluster and insults, Trump has taken on a somewhat feeble quality. He makes the bare-minimum statement on the latest gun massacre, ducks a World War II commemoration in Poland on the grounds that he has to monitor the hurricane (but then plays golf and misinforms the public about the hurricane’s path) and eggs Vice President Pence to stay at the Trump International Golf Links and Hotel in Ireland, raising once more the grotesque self-dealing and corruption that permeates this administration.

But the best part is this:

Meanwhile, in the same poll, former vice president Joe Biden leads Trump in a general election match-up 54 percent to 42 percent.

Has it finally happened? One can only hope...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Latest poll (IBD) has Trump back down to 39% approval
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 05, 2019 08:40AM
We know that 45 isn't the problem, it's that 42% number
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 07, 2019 05:01AM
mrbigstuff

I think that hits the nail on the head. I've never understood why Trump pulled more than 50% of the white female vote, nor why evangelicals went against every moral principal they rage against.

This article is about how British women seem to have come to terms with what would seem like irreconcilable differences may go a way to answering the question of who those 42% really are.

The locale where I grew into adulthood was saturated with deep rooted prejudices. Despite efforts to raise awareness and empathy for and about others, it (the area) stills harbors deep and abiding distrust of others.

It's a nationwide affliction that has a hold on that 42%, it's prejudice, plain and simple.

Trump will never carry that particular state but he'll still get that (in this case) 35 or so %.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 07, 2019 08:09AM
It’s always the other and this isn’t going away. Too bad one party on our side of the pond wins by exploiting prejudice decade after decade. And all the many emotional wedgies.

RgrF
mrbigstuff

I think that hits the nail on the head. I've never understood why Trump pulled more than 50% of the white female vote, nor why evangelicals went against every moral principal they rage against.

This article is about how British women seem to have come to terms with what would seem like irreconcilable differences may go a way to answering the question of who those 42% really are.

The locale where I grew into adulthood was saturated with deep rooted prejudices. Despite efforts to raise awareness and empathy for and about others, it (the area) stills harbors deep and abiding distrust of others.

It's a nationwide affliction that has a hold on that 42%, it's prejudice, plain and simple.

Trump will never carry that particular state but he'll still get that (in this case) 35 or so %.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018