Date: September 04, 2019 11:59AM
[m.youtube.com]

The guy is an absolute idiot.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Donald Trump, the Hurricane Expert
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: September 04, 2019 01:12PM
I hope Alabama is going to be okay.

Nobody has ever heard of a Category 5 hurricane before. It's tremendous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 01:16PM by Article Accelerator.
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 04, 2019 02:05PM
Article Accelerator
I hope Alabama is going to be okay.

Nobody has ever heard of a Category 5 hurricane before. It's tremendous.

Luckily they make networking cables that can stand up to that force, and can even stand up to a Category 6.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 04, 2019 02:49PM
This really happened today:

Notice the magic marker balloon that reaches out to Alabama. It's hard to find the words...
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 04, 2019 02:57PM
They had to go back to nearly a week ago to get a projected track that was even close to aiming towards Alabama. Idiots!
Posted by: steve...
Date: September 04, 2019 02:58PM
That video was hilarious. smiley-laughing001

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 04, 2019 03:17PM
It's illegal to knowingly put out a fake weather forecast.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: September 04, 2019 03:20PM
JoeH
They had to go back to nearly a week ago to get a projected track that was even close to aiming towards Alabama. Idiots!

That graphic was made Aug. 29th - two days before he talked about the hurricane hitting Alabama. This is the projection the National Weather Service put out on Sept. 1 (the day he warned Alabama to watch out):

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 04, 2019 03:22PM
Ted King

Here's the source of the story and the picture.
Talking Points Memo.Com=> [talkingpointsmemo.com] I'd like to see someone else reporting this.

The YouTube video is good. Trump's really unhinged.
Date: September 04, 2019 03:37PM
Steve G.
Ted King

Here's the source of the story and the picture.
Talking Points Memo.Com=> [talkingpointsmemo.com] I'd like to see someone else reporting this.

The YouTube video is good. Trump's really unhinged.

White House tweet:

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 03:38PM by Ted King.
Date: September 04, 2019 03:43PM
Thanks, I just tracked that video down. What an absolute moron...and his knucklehead DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan supplies the graphics!

Trump's hallucinations are getting even worse. I think this marks the official beginning of Chapter 14.
Date: September 04, 2019 03:52PM
I think he's now REALLY hoping that some sort of natural disaster hits Alabama really soon.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 04, 2019 04:51PM
Does anyone remember that twilight zone episode where a young boy holds the power of life and death over a small community and they all have to keep him happy - OR ELSE?
Date: September 04, 2019 05:05PM
hal
Does anyone remember that twilight zone episode where a young boy holds the power of life and death over a small community and they all have to keep him happy - OR ELSE?

Except that Trump wouldn't know a cornfield if Kevin Costner came out of one in a baseball uniform.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 05:09PM by Steve G..
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 04, 2019 06:14PM
There’s something positively pathological about Trump’s need to be “right” (or at least, to believe himself to be right).

If I were the Democratic nominee in a 2020 presidential debate, I think I would make a theme of how often Trump has been wrong - wrong on facts, wrong on policy, wrong for America.

I think it would cause him to pop a bolt.
Posted by: steve...
Date: September 04, 2019 06:15PM
I heard someone on TV refer to the incident as Sharpiegate.

grinning smiley

Northern California Coast
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 04, 2019 06:18PM
pdq
There’s something positively pathological about Trump’s need to be “right” (or at least, to believe himself to be right).

If I were the Democratic nominee in a 2020 presidential debate, I think I would make a theme of how often Trump has been wrong - wrong on facts, wrong on policy, wrong for America.

I stack of papers, printed with each of his factual lies, and brought to say, a debate or three, would go a long way towards highlighting this salient attribute of Trump.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 04, 2019 06:25PM
deckeda
pdq

I stack of papers, printed with each of his factual lies, and brought to say, a debate or three, would go a long way towards highlighting this salient attribute of Trump.

Heck, do what Trump would do and just stack up blank pages and say there's a lie on each one.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 04, 2019 06:37PM
Facts Do Matter
@WilDonnelly
The White House have now released this photo to prove that Trump never met Jeffrey Epstein.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 04, 2019 06:48PM
When has ANYONE ever yanked out a week old hurricane map for ANY reason? What reason could there possibly be?

Trump is digging his own grave. He is hell bent on making sure his 30% of MAGAs stay happy. In the mean time, all of those 'well, let's vote for him and see what happens' folks are seeing what is happening and will surely never do anything that stupid again.
Date: September 04, 2019 07:00PM
$tevie
Facts Do Matter
@WilDonnelly
The White House have now released this photo to prove that Trump never met Jeffrey Epstein.

Thanks, $tevie!
That sums it up perfectly.
Date: September 04, 2019 07:48PM
$tevie
Facts Do Matter
@WilDonnelly

smiley-laughing001
Date: September 04, 2019 08:00PM
hal
When has ANYONE ever yanked out a week old hurricane map for ANY reason? What reason could there possibly be?

Trump is digging his own grave. He is hell bent on making sure his 30% of MAGAs stay happy. In the mean time, all of those 'well, let's vote for him and see what happens' folks are seeing what is happening and will surely never do anything that stupid again.

Because this particular doubling down on a ridiculous claim doesn't have much affect on very many people, it sort of exposes Trump's mental illness in a way that goes beyond politics. If I were to guess, I'd guess he has a bit of a constellation of patterns of behavior that fit the official Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders definitions of mental disorders. Beyond guessing, I lean heavily into thinking he really is mentally ill and this is just another clear example of it.
Date: September 04, 2019 08:28PM
I've been thinking about this transparent stunt with the magic marker.
I believe this situation is more serious than anybody has foreseen. Very serious.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 04, 2019 08:55PM
Steve G.
I've been thinking about this transparent stunt with the magic marker.
I believe this situation is more serious than anybody has foreseen. Very serious.

my son, who doesn't quite understand politics, laughed and said 45 needs to be impeached. i said this really wasn't impeachable territory. this is evidence that perhaps the 25th Amendment needs to be dusted off and seriously pondered.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 08:55PM by graylocks.
Date: September 04, 2019 09:08PM
from WaPo
White House deputy press secretary J. Hogan Gidley later confirmed the drawing was made using a black sharpie, while criticizing the media for focusing on it.

Everyday, more brazen. Notice our lie, but not that it's a lie.

and then there's this ...

"Altering official government weather forecasts isn’t just a cause for concern — it’s illegal. Per 18 U.S. Code 2074, which addresses false weather reports, “Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both.”

That law applies to what is now known as NOAA’s National Weather Service, which contains the National Hurricane Center."

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Posted by: jonny
Date: September 04, 2019 09:19PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 09:28PM by jonny.
Date: September 04, 2019 10:26PM
Dude simply can't go on Tweeter and say My Bad. Instead he is making himself look worse and worse. Sad!

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 04, 2019 10:49PM
I've never seen someone so messed up in the head except maybe that guy who made a lampshade out of his mother.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 04, 2019 11:04PM
Ummmm, is it too late to quote Hamilton?:

... but seriously, I think there's a pretty good argument for the 25th amendment at this point.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: September 05, 2019 01:22AM
FOX News is turning on him about this too.

[www.newsweek.com]

Fox News on Wednesday called out President Donald Trump for displaying a map of Hurricane Dorian's path that appeared to be shoddily altered to include Alabama in the storm's trajectory.

While discussing the National Weather Service's early forecasts of Hurricane Dorian's path in the Oval Office earlier today, Trump displayed a map that appeared to have been doctored with a Sharpie pen to extend the storm's trajectory to Alabama. "We got lucky in Florida, very, very lucky indeed," he told reporters. "We had actually our original chart was that it was going to be hitting Florida directly... And that would have affected a lot of other states."

After his remarks, various news outlets and cable news channels quickly moved to condemn Trump's doctored map and set the record straight, including Fox News, the president's favorite network.

"The president displayed a Hurricane forecast map. There appeared to be a change made to it. What happened?" host Bret Baier asked White House reporter John Roberts during a Fox News segment on Wednesday afternoon.

"This is a forecast track that the president held up from last week where it looked like the hurricane was going to slam into the Florida coast maybe even across the peninsula and get into the Gulf of Mexico," Roberts responded. "You can see somebody with a Sharpie or some other writing instruments added a little bit to the cone of uncertainty, which was not a part of the official forecast, which included the Florida panhandle and parts of Alabama."

Roberts went on to note that Trump "had tweeted over the weekend that Alabama appeared to be in the crosshairs and you can probably extrapolate that if it had continued on that track, Alabama might have been affected."

"But it was never part of the official forecast," he admitted.
Posted by: Janit
Date: September 05, 2019 07:30AM
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 05, 2019 07:35AM

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: September 05, 2019 08:58AM
As of this morning, he's still tweeting he was right about Alabama.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 05, 2019 09:22AM
deckeda

Well, he might have been right nearly two weeks ago, but by last weekend when he first uttered that publicly it was already wrong. Just another example of his mind stuck in the past.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 05, 2019 10:16AM
$tevie
Facts Do Matter
@WilDonnelly

Isn't the woman that looks like she's getting hugged by Epstein the head 'madam' that was running his grooming operation? This looks like she might have been involved with Epstein in setting up Cheeto and Melania...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 05, 2019 10:43AM
JoeH
deckeda

Well, he might have been right nearly two weeks ago, but by last weekend when he first uttered that publicly it was already wrong. Just another example of his mind stuck in the past.

No, it’s an example of his pathology. His fragile ego will simply not allow him to admit to making a mistake.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: September 05, 2019 11:26AM
Speedy
JoeH
deckeda

No, it’s an example of his pathology. His fragile ego will simply not allow him to admit to making a mistake.

Exactly: Trump was wrong, which is wholly unacceptable to him, no matter how minor the outcome. All of the early maps showing potential what-if hurricane paths have been decontextualized by his supporters, who won’t admit that not only were they never used in forecasts, but that Trump never referenced them at the time. They only got pulled out after the fact, despite their irrelevancy to everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2019 11:27AM by deckeda.
Date: September 05, 2019 11:52AM
Waiting for this to escalate and for him to order mandatory evacuation of the entire state of Alabama.
Date: September 05, 2019 12:03PM
Posted by: jonny
Date: September 05, 2019 12:03PM
$tevie

lol!
Date: September 05, 2019 06:00PM
Seen elsewhere, but you can picture it: Trump's famously lame inauguration picture with stick figures added.
Date: September 05, 2019 06:49PM
CNN delivers the shade to Grisham's wannabe snark:

Late Thursday morning, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham ribbed CNN about a map that was part of its storm coverage that mistakenly labeled Alabama as Mississippi.

“Hi @CNN, I know you guys are busy analyzing lines on a map, but perhaps you use your time to study up on U.S. geography?” Grisham wrote on Twitter.

CNN responded early Thursday afternoon.

“Thanks, Stephanie,” the network’s communications team said in a tweet. “Yes, we made a mistake (which we fixed in less than 30 seconds). And now we are admitting it. You all should try it sometime.”

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 340
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018