advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
How often do you see non-local political ads on social media?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 05, 2019 08:42AM
(Such as on The Facebooks)

For me it's rare I see non-local stuff, but I realize these things are influenced by how much the advertiser gave FB to promote them. (Eh, algorithms? We got yer algorithms right heeeeere!)

Today this challenger to South Carolina's Joe "You Lie!" Wilson popped up: Adair Boroughs. She's going straight for him, and has apparently been out-raising him this summer. [www.adairforcongress.com]

Her #mamup campaign might be more a feel-good attempt in SC's red District 2, but its good to see some competition once in a while!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How often do you see non-local political ads on social media?
Posted by: Pam
Date: September 05, 2019 09:29AM
I don't see political ads. Got all that stuff turned off and I guess fly low enough to stay off of lists.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 05, 2019 10:33AM
I don't remember seeing any political ads on the rare time I visit someone's Faecesbook page, but it's tough to get anything past adblock, javascript disabler, etc., and I think it's less likely for them to target me since I'm essentially never logged in.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 05, 2019 11:01AM
I've had to block some of my old college buddies who keep posting that BS. Engaging in one political argument area is enough for me.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 05, 2019 11:49AM
I was referring to sponsored content, not user-shared stuff. The ads that appear inline with the feed.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 05, 2019 01:00PM
Don't do facebook - when I use twitter & youtube, I do so on the web with adblock. I see no advertisements at all.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 05, 2019 04:17PM
deckeda
I was referring to sponsored content, not user-shared stuff. The ads that appear inline with the feed.
Ah... well any time I see them I block / refuse/ report them as "hate speech"... devil smiley . So I don't get much. I'm sure the Russipublicans will spend a ton of Facebook money starting next year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 341
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018