advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
God help us
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 08, 2019 12:08PM
Brad Parscale, the Trump campaign manager, predicted yesterday that the president and his family will become "a dynasty," AP's Mike Blood reports from the California Republican Convention in Indian Wells.

"The Trumps will be a dynasty that will last for decades, propelling the Republican Party into a new party," Parscale said.
"One that will adapt to changing cultures. One must continue to adapt while keeping the conservative values that we believe in
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: God help us
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 08, 2019 12:47PM
I can deal with a Kennedy, Clinton, or Obama dynasty, or even a Bush or Reagan one.

At least those are all families with bona fide, legitimate politicians who are actually qualified for the job and have lived a life of public service.

This guy's family? Their qualifications seem to consist of Sharpie markers and Russian oligarchs.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 12:48PM by PeterB.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 08, 2019 12:53PM
Seems like the education system has done a pretty good job…Americans claim to want their freedoms. Then they latch onto all these oligarchs.
Posted by: steve...
Date: September 08, 2019 01:03PM
I'm not so sure. May not be so easy when Trumpo is behind bars.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 08, 2019 01:13PM
steve...
I'm not so sure. May not be so easy when Trumpo is behind bars.

We can only hope!

On the other hand, can there be a sealed indictment over "individual one" like prosecutors will do against "John Doe" until the prosecution can be prosecuted!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 08, 2019 02:43PM
These folks are just saying more and more of what the boss wants to hear.

Sad really. Not gonna happen.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 08, 2019 02:49PM
pdq
These folks are just saying more and more of what the boss wants to hear.

Sad really. Not gonna happen.

o how these people are gonna run for cover when trump goes down in flames... he IS gonna go down in flames one day - right?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 08, 2019 03:06PM
With a little luck the next AG will have more balls than Obama's AG did, if so he or she (Kamala Harris?) will have enough corruption trails to keep them busy for the entire first term.

They're systematically looting every budget they control, there has to be a comeuppance for that.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 08, 2019 03:53PM
I've been concerned since the beginning that Trump might be planning to have himself declared either King, or Lord Protector of the Commonwealth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 03:54PM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: steve...
Date: September 08, 2019 04:01PM
I think we can rule out an orderly transition of power if a Democrat wins in 2020.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 08, 2019 04:12PM
steve...
I think we can rule out an orderly transition of power if a Democrat wins in 2020.

I'm expecting him to challenge the results of every state that he loses, after all there's been clear evidence that foreign powers are attempting to manipulate the election. And that will suddenly become important to him the moment the votes are counted. He'll actually start quoting the excellent work of Bob Mueller and his team of witch hunters.

But I do hope that someday we can name a federal prison after him, with special accommodations for him and his family, and of course we won't have to pay his organization license fees to use his brand name for that one.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 08, 2019 04:22PM
In the BBC mini series, Year and Years rather than give up at the end of his term.... (see spoiler)

Posted by: pdq
Date: September 08, 2019 04:44PM
I think Trump will do what he was (it seems obvious to me) planning to do when he lost to Clinton: blame it on the deep state, or fraudulent voters, or whatever.

And then I think he will slink away.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018