advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
A new Teflon Don
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 08, 2019 05:59PM
Many charges but nothing reins him(45) in or gets processed. Rolls off like rain with blocking by intimidation or ignoring. Legal attempts by Democrat go nowhere.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A new Teflon Don
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 08, 2019 06:14PM
Seems so. I think Speaker Pelosi is playing the long game, whether he wins re-election or not. He can only do so much damage over the next 16 months. A competent Pres. Pence could be much more dangerous. New York can put a former Pres. Trump in prison.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 06:14PM by Speedy.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 08, 2019 07:22PM
Speedy
A competent Pres. Pence could be much more dangerous. New York can put a former Pres. Trump in prison.

I've been saying that for a while as well.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 08, 2019 07:51PM
Rolando
Speedy
A competent Pres. Pence could be much more dangerous. New York can put a former Pres. Trump in prison.

An aggressive pursuit of the functionaries he put in place to loot agency budgets will serve as an effective warning and deterrent to underlings the next time a crook wins the WH.

As much as it appeals personally, we ought never establish the precedent of jailing former Presidents. Leave that to third world countries.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 08, 2019 08:20PM
RgrF
Rolando
Speedy

An aggressive pursuit of the functionaries he put in place to loot agency budgets will serve as an effective warning and deterrent to underlings the next time a crook wins the WH.

As much as it appeals personally, we ought never establish the precedent of jailing former Presidents. Leave that to third world countries.

A crook deserves to go to prison. Nobody is above the law. As far as being a warning, we have Nixon’s and Reagan’s crews that prove some types ignore the past.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 08:23PM by Speedy.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 08, 2019 08:40PM
Rolando
Speedy

you're both wrong - Pence may be a rightwing nut, but he wouldn't nuke Paris just to prove that Alabama was threatened by a hurricane - Trump would.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 08, 2019 10:32PM
There are always people that think they are smarter than everybody else and usually prove themselves wrong. I am surprised that so much of the Republican/Conservative machine got caught up in President Vermin's Stockholm Syndrome.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 09, 2019 01:05PM
hal
Rolando
Speedy

you're both wrong - Pence may be a rightwing nut, but he wouldn't nuke Paris just to prove that Alabama was threatened by a hurricane - Trump would.

Would he? For all his military bluster and weapon wagging, this president has actually promoted fewer warlike foreign engagements than any in recent history (domestic abuses are another category, albeit no less repugnant).

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 09, 2019 03:39PM
rjmacs
... Would he? For all his military bluster and weapon wagging, this president has actually promoted fewer warlike foreign engagements than any in recent history (domestic abuses are another category, albeit no less repugnant).

He's also made us markedly less secure on a global scale by being the incoherent incompetent that he is. And his 'Trade War' is costing Americans jobs and lots of money. Also has not 'ended' the 'Forever War' as promised, again because of his laughably bad 'negotiating tactics'. What's he gonna do ? Sue the Taliban ? They will send the lawyers back in boxes. Small boxes.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 10, 2019 09:07AM
rjmacs

Would he? For all his military bluster and weapon wagging, this president has actually promoted fewer warlike foreign engagements than any in recent history

Well, he unilaterally ripped up the Iran nuclear deal, and has been letting his war-with-Iran sabre-rattlers run wild. He launched cruise missiles against Syria, twice. He’s done everything but cheer on the Saudis in Yemen.

...versus Obama who...well...essentially declared a no-fly zone in Libya when it was falling apart and Ghaddaffi was using air power to slaughter rebels. In Syria, I believe there were no US ground troops until the current president took over.

Did I miss something?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 10, 2019 09:46AM
pdq
rjmacs

Would he? For all his military bluster and weapon wagging, this president has actually promoted fewer warlike foreign engagements than any in recent history

Well, he unilaterally ripped up the Iran nuclear deal, and has been letting his war-with-Iran sabre-rattlers run wild. He launched cruise missiles against Syria, twice. He’s done everything but cheer on the Saudis in Yemen.

...versus Obama who...well...essentially declared a no-fly zone in Libya when it was falling apart and Ghaddaffi was using air power to slaughter rebels. In Syria, I believe there were no US ground troops until the current president took over.

Did I miss something?

I don't think you're missing anything, per se, but you are reorienting the discussion from what I was saying (the current blustery president has bad judgment, but doesn't seem to be big on deploying and ordering U.S. service members to kill people) to something else (the current president has bad judgment and emboldens atrocity-committing despots, and Obama had better judgment).

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 10, 2019 10:11AM

Take that, Liberal Commies!
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 10, 2019 05:48PM
Did that doll come from eBay? Sick old man
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 279
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018