Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Valerie Plame Is Running For Congress
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 09, 2019 10:41AM
Bring. It. On.

Valerie Plame

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Valerie Plame Is Running For Congress
Posted by: Sam3
Date: September 09, 2019 11:03AM
Wow!

THAT
IS
F****ING
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patriot smiley boink smiley hot smiley
Posted by: Janit
Date: September 09, 2019 11:15AM
COOL!

Interesting to see an action ad targeting progressives ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 11:17AM by Janit.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 09, 2019 11:33AM
She is sure to get some out of state money for name recognition.

Doing a quick search, CNN mentioned on May 9 that she was a probable candidate for New Mexico's 3rd congressional district after Ben Ray Lujan announced he was running for the Senate seat in N.M. left open by Udall's retirement.
www.cnn.com/2019/05/09/politics/valerie-plame-running-for-congress/index.html

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: wave rider
Date: September 09, 2019 11:38AM
Good news!

=wr=
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 09, 2019 11:53AM
Why is this good? Sorry, I've forgotten the story on her. Wikipedia didn't help.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 09, 2019 12:05PM
mattkime
Why is this good? Sorry, I've forgotten the story on her. Wikipedia didn't help.

On July 14, 2003, Robert Novak, journalist for The Washington Post, using information obtained from Richard Armitage at the United States Department of State, effectively ended Valerie Plame's career with the CIA (from which she later resigned in December 2005) by revealing in his column her identity as a CIA operative.[40][41] Legal documents published in the course of the CIA leak grand jury investigation, United States v. Libby, and Congressional investigations, established her classified employment as a covert officer for the CIA at the time when Novak's column was published in July 2003.[40][42][43]

In his press conference of October 28, 2005, Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald explained in considerable detail the necessity of secrecy about his grand jury investigation that began in the fall of 2003 — "when it was clear that Valerie Wilson's cover had been blown" — and the background and consequences of the indictment of then high-ranking Bush Administration official Scooter Libby as it pertained to her.[24]

Fitzgerald's subsequent replies to reporters' questions shed further light on the parameters of the leak investigation and what, as its lead prosecutor, bound by the rules of grand jury secrecy, he could and could not reveal legally at the time.[24] Official court documents released later, on April 5, 2006, reveal that Libby testified that "he was specifically authorized in advance" of his meeting with Judith Miller, reporter for The New York Times, to disclose the "key judgments" of the October 2002 classified National Intelligence Estimate (NIE). According to Libby's testimony, "the Vice President later advised him that the President had authorized defendant to disclose the relevant portions of the NIE [to Judith Miller]."[44] According to his testimony, the information that Libby was authorized to disclose to Miller "was intended to rebut the allegations of an administration critic, former ambassador Joseph Wilson." A couple of days after Libby's meeting with Miller, then-National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice told reporters, "We don't want to try to get into kind of selective declassification" of the NIE, adding, "We're looking at what can be made available."[45] A "sanitized version" of the NIE in question was officially declassified on July 18, 2003, ten days after Libby's contact with Miller, and was presented at a White House background briefing on weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in Iraq.[46] The NIE contains no references to Valerie Plame or her CIA status, but the Special Counsel has suggested that White House actions were part of "a plan to discredit, punish or seek revenge against Mr. Wilson."[47] President Bush had previously indicated that he would fire whoever had outed Plame.[45]

A court filing by Libby's defense team argued that Plame was not foremost in the minds of administration officials as they sought to rebut charges – made by her husband – that the White House manipulated intelligence to make a case for invasion. The filing indicated that Libby's lawyers did not intend to say that he was told to reveal Plame's identity.[48] The court filing also stated that "Mr. Libby plans to demonstrate that the indictment is wrong when it suggests that he and other government officials viewed Ms. Wilson's role in sending her husband to Africa as important," indicating that Libby's lawyers planned to call Karl Rove to the stand. Fitzgerald ultimately decided against pressing charges against Rove.[49]

The five-count indictment of Libby included perjury (two counts), obstruction of justice (one count), and making false statements to federal investigators (two counts). There was, however, no count for disclosing classified information, i.e., Plame's status as a CIA operative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 12:07PM by Steve G..
Date: September 09, 2019 12:11PM
maybe this will help

Yellowcake is not a Martha Stewart recipe, especially when the main ingredient is uranium.

Joseph Charles Wilson IV (born November 6, 1949) is a former United States diplomat best known for his 2002 trip to Niger to investigate allegations that Saddam Hussein was attempting to purchase yellowcake uranium; his New York Times op-ed piece, "What I Didn't Find in Africa";[1] and the subsequent leaking by the Bush administration of information pertaining to the identity of his wife Valerie Plame as a CIA agent. He is the CEO of a consulting firm he founded, JC Wilson International Ventures. In January 2007, Wilson joined Jarch Capital, LLC, as vice chairman.
Contents
Date: September 09, 2019 12:11PM
Steve G - You're very good at copying and pasting but I'd rather hear it in your own words.
Date: September 09, 2019 12:29PM
mattkime
Steve G - You're very good at copying and pasting

It was my major in Art School.
Date: September 09, 2019 12:35PM
Steve G.
mattkime
Steve G - You're very good at copying and pasting

It was my major in Art School.

You are dedicated to your craft.

Date: September 09, 2019 12:37PM
Do you have anything to say about the topic?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 09, 2019 01:07PM
Oh my god you two, get a room already...

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: September 09, 2019 01:08PM
Steve G.
Do you have anything to say about the topic?

IMO, my question regarding why this is good / interesting remains unanswered. You're still free to answer in your own words.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 09, 2019 02:23PM
rjmacs

Wow, this is a win/win thread.

Best political ad EVER and one of the best posts ever.

Sweet. big grin smiley
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 09, 2019 02:40PM
I've seen movie trailers that were less compelling.

Full confession: I realize this is probably inappropriate to say, and obviously has nothing to do with her qualifications nor competency, but she's just as freaking hot as ever.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 09, 2019 02:44PM
deckeda

Full confession: I realize this is probably inappropriate to say, and obviously has nothing to do with her qualifications nor competency, but she's just as freaking hot as ever.

i think they were going for competent, hot badass and they are 3 for 3.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: hal
Date: September 09, 2019 03:14PM
Director of CIA in two years?
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 09, 2019 03:33PM
Okay, fun’s fun, but it looks like Plame has at least a couple of unsavory tweets to account for.

The first.

Her mea culpa.
”"OK folks, look, I messed up. I skimmed this piece, zeroed in on the neocon criticism, and shared it without seeing and considering the rest," Wilson tweeted. "I missed gross undercurrents to this article & didn't do my homework on the platform this piece came from. Now that I see it, it's obvious."”

The second.

The article linked (Unz Review*) in this tweet refers to this conspiracy theory (ADL),
”The most popular conspiratorial allegations include the following:
Variations of this theory assert that the Mossad, the Israeli intelligence agency, was behind the 9/11 attacks; the "proof" is in the "five dancing Israelis" arrested on 9/11 who were allegedly celebrating as the Twin Towers burned. Today, the theory claims that the five Israelis were actually directing the attacks and began dancing when they realized that their mission of creating a "false flag" operation had been accomplished...

* The Unz Review describes itself, so,
”Alternative media outlets of the Left and Right have become a crucial supplement to our knowledge of the world, providing those perspectives usually ignored by our mainstream media. This small webzine will aim to provide convenient access to at least a fraction of those voices and topics.”

The ADL, thusly,
”According to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) in 2014, the webzine is an "outlet for certain writers to attack Israel and Jews."[18] It has also been described as "an alternative conservative website,"[28] "far right,"[29] "a mix of far-right and far-left anti-Semitic crackpottery."”

Unz Review founder, Ron Unz, has also published statements doubting the Holocaust at least once.
”However, as an outsider exploring this contentious topic I think it far more likely than not that the standard Holocaust narrative is at least substantially false, and quite possibly, almost entirely so.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 04:12PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 09, 2019 03:33PM
Remember when the Right dismissed her as a glorified secretary?

...and then she turned out to be the head of the Iraqi WMD intel group at the CIA, carrying the highest level of secrecy possible, before her cover was casually blown (and her career ended) by Cheney and Co, just because her husband poured cold water on the ginned up Iraqi WMD/nuclear claims prior to Dubya’s grand adventure?

I do.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 09, 2019 04:44PM
rjmacs

Everything in Long Island City is taken … might be something left in Flushing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 04:44PM by bfd.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 09, 2019 08:40PM
Great ad, and who cares about Tweets.

She would own MN district 1 if she were to run - we have a Trumpster who literally refuses to answer constituent's calls, mail or Town Hall questions if he thinks they are Muslim.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 10, 2019 07:47AM
....the rain....in Spain......stays mainly......on the Plame.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 10, 2019 08:06AM
deckeda

Totally. I had no idea, but she was not shy in displaying her hottieness. On an actual note, I have no idea if she has any real chance.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 10, 2019 08:29PM
mrbigstuff
deckeda

Totally. I had no idea, but she was not shy in displaying her hottieness. On an actual note, I have no idea if she has any real chance.
\

Just a 'Madam Secretary' look.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 10, 2019 10:10PM
mrbigstuff
deckeda

She’s not allowing comments to the video.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: decay
Date: September 10, 2019 10:35PM
pdq
Remember when the Right dismissed her as a glorified secretary?

...and then she turned out to be the head of the Iraqi WMD intel group at the CIA, carrying the highest level of secrecy possible, before her cover was casually blown (and her career ended) by Cheney and Co, just because her husband poured cold water on the ginned up Iraqi WMD/nuclear claims prior to Dubya’s grand adventure?

I do.

Valerie Plame was no mere analyst or paper-pusher at the CIA. She was an operations officer working on a top priority of the Bush Administration: searching out intelligence on Iraq's weapon's of mass destruction.

intelligence on Iraq's weapon's of mass destruction -- OOPS.

---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 314
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018