advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump at Prayer
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 06, 2019 12:44PM

Trump and Pence at prayer at the White House Young Black Leadership Summit 10/4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2019 12:51PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump at Prayer
Date: October 06, 2019 12:46PM
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 06, 2019 01:13PM
i can't tell if he's about to laugh or about to fart.

either way, he ain't praying.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 06, 2019 02:26PM
Every head bowed, every eye closed…

Bahhhhaahahahahahahaha! Not ME!
Posted by: hal
Date: October 06, 2019 02:55PM
bfd

not really - this is us being willingly manipulated by a photo.

Trump isn't the only one in the room with eyes open - and the 'prayer' wasn't really a prayer so much as a hope posed to god that people would stop messing with our wonderful president. It wasn't solemn at all. The girl leading the prayer was animated - laughing and smiley the whole time and the pres had a respectful look on his face EXCEPT for the moment of this snapshot. While watching the video, I never saw that smirk in the photo - it was just a split second.

That poor girl - born in Ethiopia and ever so grateful for Trump for who knows why!!??

a two minute video of the thing: [www.youtube.com]

The photo in the OP is propaganda designed to make the scene look worse than it is. Is it ok because it's our side doing it?

here's another shot:

Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 06, 2019 03:11PM
“She’s young and she’s hot. I don’t care if she is from a @#$%& country. I’ll invite her to see the Lincoln Bedroom...”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: October 06, 2019 03:20PM
photo credit is AFP via Getty Images
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: October 06, 2019 03:36PM
The Onion last Thursday: ‘Please Guide Me In My Darkest Hour Lord,’ Prays Trump Kneeling Before Portrait Of Himself

Date: October 06, 2019 03:37PM
Steve G.
photo credit is AFP via Getty Images

I didn't mean that YOU were trying to deceive - news agencies are just delivering what we want
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 06, 2019 04:05PM
hal

The photo in the OP is propaganda designed to make the scene look worse than it is. Is it ok because it's our side doing it?

i guess we see what we want to see. i watched the video. from the moment she said let us pray everyone else in the shot bowed their head except 45 who mugged at the camera and kept what I regard as his smirking, patronizing grin turned toward the speaker.

YMMV

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2019 04:06PM by graylocks.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 06, 2019 04:12PM
What a bunch of idiots.
Date: October 06, 2019 04:52PM
He got pretty kissy-huggy-touchy with her. They'd be editing it into a attack ad if it was Biden.
Date: October 06, 2019 05:06PM
graylocks
hal

i guess we see what we want to see. i watched the video. from the moment she said let us pray everyone else in the shot bowed their head except 45 who mugged at the camera and kept what I regard as his smirking, patronizing grin turned toward the speaker.

YMMV

Actually, I was perfectly happy seeing the smirking jerk while everyone else was being solemn and looked for the video so I could see just how bad it was.

I'm seeing two other people on stage with eyes occasionally open and LOTS of iphones recording the moment. The photo in the OP was taken in the brief moment that the young woman's hands were clasped (as if in solemn prayer, but her hands are everywhere as she speaks), all heads bowed except Trumps and no view of the iphones in the audience. To me that shows a very different moment than the video. But as you say, ymmv
Date: October 06, 2019 05:07PM
Dennis S
What a bunch of idiots.

I will never understand how people can be so devout, that they can't see what's right in front of them.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 06, 2019 06:22PM
graylocks
hal

YMMV

graylocks, you're not the only one who saw that. I saw a guy who seemed to be simultaneously mocking and leering. As if the whole thing was for show (which it was), he didn't believe a single word coming out of his own mouth, and he was only doing what he was doing to be able to say that he did.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 06, 2019 07:36PM
He was weirdly over-exuberant. People still seem to think that any minute he will straighten up and fly right.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 06, 2019 09:26PM
The video makes him look worse than the OP's photo.

Grateful11
Date: October 06, 2019 09:36PM
Grateful11

Yup.

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 07, 2019 09:03AM
hal
bfd

not really - this is us being willingly manipulated by a photo.

Trump isn't the only one in the room with eyes open - and the 'prayer' wasn't really a prayer so much as a hope posed to god that people would stop messing with our wonderful president. It wasn't solemn at all. The girl leading the prayer was animated - laughing and smiley the whole time and the pres had a respectful look on his face EXCEPT for the moment of this snapshot. While watching the video, I never saw that smirk in the photo - it was just a split second.

That poor girl - born in Ethiopia and ever so grateful for Trump for who knows why!!??

Hal’s correct.

If we resort to this type of junk, and do nothing but swallow it whole when shown that it is other than it seems, we’re no better than a MAGA hat wearing tRumpista.

The video clearly shows this was a highly exuberant and giddy young woman, as badly mistaken as she may be, thrilled to meet with and have a moment in the spotlight to praise someone she highly admires*. I see nothing in tRump’s demeanor to suggest anything other than being amused at her exuberance, even if it is also no doubt massaging his black hole of an ego at the same time.

tRump is a hazardous materials dumpster fire. But not every single breath, blink, gesture and waking moment is an expression of that. Been there, lived through that. Even monsters have, however rare and fleeting they may be, moments when they are not monsters.

Become so consumed with rage and fear that we lose sight of that, and we risk being as bad as the pathetic, howling throng on the other side.

* Plant, cherry picked in advance, soon to be Oscar winning actress? Who knows. Not even slightly beneath his handlers, but also not the point of this particular discussion. I acknowledge the possibility only to show that I have no illusions about who tRump and his minions are, even if it is not at work in the dubious claim being discussed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 09:05AM by Blankity Blank.
Date: October 07, 2019 10:22AM
"And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 07, 2019 10:52AM
Steve G.
"And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: October 07, 2019 11:11AM
He bestowed more affection on this young lady than I've ever seen him display toward Melania.

bunny smileyCentral VA
Date: October 07, 2019 01:31PM
CJsNvrUrly
He bestowed more affection on this young lady than I've ever seen him display toward Melania.

Melania is an old woman, no longer his type.

Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 07, 2019 01:41PM
Did he kiss her hair?!!?

=wr=
Posted by: August West
Date: October 07, 2019 08:14PM
Speedy
Grateful11

Yup.

+1

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 277
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018