AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump: "...my great and unmatched wisdom..."
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 07, 2019 11:45AM
[mobile.twitter.com]

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

11:38 AM · Oct 7, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

You crazy @#$%&.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 11:47AM by Dennis S.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump: "...my great and unmatched wisdom..."
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 07, 2019 12:07PM
Middle name Socrates, the great orator.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 07, 2019 12:09PM
He's actually very good at destroying and obliterating economies. He's doing a great job on the US economy for anyone who is considered 'poor'.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 07, 2019 12:18PM
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 07, 2019 01:09PM
"I am the great and powerful Orange Oz"
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 07, 2019 01:31PM
25th amendment
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 07, 2019 02:50PM
"Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of understanding of others' feelings."

Signs and symptoms
People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence. This is because people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements. In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority."

"Therapy is often difficult as people frequently do not consider themselves to have a problem."
Date: October 07, 2019 05:16PM
Lemon Drop
25th amendment
thumbs up

Date: October 07, 2019 05:20PM
So everyone has abandoned him and said this decision was awful, except Rand Paul, and Trump quickly reversed course.

Imagine if the GOP would stand up to his other crap?

I'm glad they care about the fate of the Kurds, just wish they cared about their fellow Americans.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 07, 2019 05:39PM
^^ Yes and it should give the GOP a glimpse into how easily they could control and stop him if they wanted, but instead he gives them full cover in a way most presidents usually never have done. So they've been drunk for a long time.

Saying that a Congresscritter only cares about power is a cliche but this world we're in clearly demonstrates it.
Date: October 07, 2019 07:01PM

"When I took over our military, we did not have ammunition. I was told by a top general, maybe the top of them all, 'Sir, I'm sorry sir, we don't have ammunition.' I said, I will never let that happen to another president."
[twitter.com]

Date: October 07, 2019 07:06PM
Lemon Drop
So everyone has abandoned him and said this decision was awful, except Rand Paul, and Trump quickly reversed course.
Is this for sure? So far I've only seen a story that an anonymous official says it isn't happening.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 07, 2019 07:14PM
$tevie

"When I took over our military, we did not have ammunition. I was told by a top general, maybe the top of them all, 'Sir, I'm sorry sir, we don't have ammunition.' I said, I will never let that happen to another president."
[twitter.com]

I wonder how many holes Obama has knocked in his walls.
Date: October 07, 2019 07:52PM
$tevie
Lemon Drop
Is this for sure? So far I've only seen a story that an anonymous official says it isn't happening.

This is such a cluster - what I thought happened is that Trump initially said he supported an attack by Turkish forces in Northern Syria, against the Kurds, and that the US would be withdrawing troops. Then he reversed course and threatened to destroy Turkey's economy if they did a move the US didn't approve of. It's chaos.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 07, 2019 11:49PM
Yeah McConnell et al cried foul this afternoon and Trump very quickly tried to save face (that tweet) but reversed himself supposedly. He really has zero backbone nor convictions about doing anything. It’s weird the GOP sublimates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018