advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Newsweek:NSC Source w/ direct knowledge-"Donald Trump got rolled by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 07, 2019 07:17PM
This is exactly why Mattis quit as Defense Chief for 'The Idiot'.

Donald Trump got "rolled" by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a National Security Council source with direct knowledge of the discussions told Newsweek.
[www.newsweek.com]

In a scheduled phone call on Sunday afternoon between President Trump and President Erdogan, Trump said he would withdraw U.S. forces from northern Syria. The phone call was scheduled after Turkey announced it was planning to invade Syria, and hours after Erdogan reinforced his army units at the Syrian-Turkish border and issued his strongest threat to launch a military incursion, according to the National Security Council official to whom Newsweek spoke on condition of anonymity.

The U.S. withdrawal plays into the hands of the Islamic State group, Damascus and Moscow, and the announcement left Trump's own Defense Department "completely stunned," said Pentagon officials. Turkey, like the United States, wants regime change in Syria. Russia and Iran support the Assad regime.

"President Trump was definitely out-negotiated and only endorsed the troop withdraw to make it look like we are getting something—but we are not getting something," the National Security Council source told Newsweek. "The U.S. national security has entered a state of increased danger for decades to come because the president has no spine and that's the bottom line."

Newsweek granted the National Security Council official anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The source said it would not be surprising to see a Turkish incursion in the next 24 to 96 hours.
-
According to the NSC official, who had first-hand knowledge of the phone call, Trump did not endorse any Turkish military operation against Kurdish Forces, but also did not threaten economic sanctions during the phone call if Turkey decided to undertake offensive operations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 07:17PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Newsweek:NSC Source w/ direct knowledge-"Donald Trump got rolled by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan"
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 07, 2019 08:09PM
He can't be on the phone with leaders anymore talking anything more complicated than what they're having for lunch. Hell he can't even do that.
Too much risk. Make it stop.
Re: Newsweek:NSC Source w/ direct knowledge-"Donald Trump got rolled by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan"
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 07, 2019 09:03PM
And now Pat Robertson, and apparently God, have weighed in on this.

[www.usatoday.com]

Calling Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan a dictator and a thug, Robertson said that he is “absolutely appalled that the United States is going to betray those democratic forces in northern Syria, that we are possibly going to allow the Turkish to come in against the Kurds.”

“And I believe — and I want to say this with great solemnity — the President of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen,” he concluded.

If he loses the mandate, repeal and replace is next.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 07, 2019 09:24PM
Mandate of Heaven, let’s face it that’s quite an endorsement in some circles. I suspect 45 is more interested in pennies from Heaven.

(My iPhone capitalized the word but I can see how in Pat’s world such formalities aren’t needed.)
Posted by: stephen
Date: October 07, 2019 09:47PM
Sad.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: October 08, 2019 10:49AM
< And I believe — and I want to say this with great solemnity — the President of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen,” he concluded. >

Good this we’ve got this personal emissary from God to set the record straight. Robertson is almost as egotistical as Trump.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 08, 2019 11:24AM
The Mandate of Heaven used to be what the Emperor had, isn't it?

Well, I suppose conservatives are always yearning for the way things used to be, back when. In this case, waaaay back when.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 253
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018