advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Pence to begin town halls against impeachment
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 08, 2019 08:13AM
The White House wants to make vulnerable House Democrats pay for impeachment.

Starting this week, Vice President Mike Pence will embark on a national tour of congressional districts represented by Democrats who’ve come out in support of the inquiry. The move comes as the administration is struggling to combat an intensifying investigation into President Donald Trump’s dealings with Ukraine
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pence to begin town halls against impeachment
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 08, 2019 08:29AM
Ooh, an in person propaganda tour? Just think: if any of those House Dems showed up to unexpectedly “join” the town hall, I predict it wouldn’t go well for Pence once 2 or 3 key facts were stated amongst the claptrap he’ll no doubt regurgitate.

We’ll see if anyone from the audience defends truth.
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 08, 2019 08:37AM
How much are they paying audience members?
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 08, 2019 09:47AM
Locally, the RNC has begun running ads against the Dem in a local swing district. To me, they’re kind of funny: “Angie Craig said she’d work for us, but instead of fixing health care, she’s joined the radicals in endless political investigations of the president”.

Yeah. Well, there’s the Mueller investigation, which was a product of Trump’s own DOJ. And now a month or so of Ukraine, which was a product of an internal whistleblower.

And...um...we’ve already seen how this administration and Congressional repubs would want to “fix” health care. Kind of like how you “fix” a dog.

No thanks.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 08, 2019 10:37AM
Oh he's going after the "Badass" group. The group of female freshmen Dem reps who all have national security backgrounds and who have come out in favor of impeachment.

Good luck with that.
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 08, 2019 10:44AM
From the beginning, I've thought that Trump wouldn't leave until the Republican party thinks he'll cost them control of the legislative branch. Indications are that this situation is now close to fruition. Pence is a political animal, I'm sure he'll turn on Trump when it suits his purposes. The trumpian base is being nibbled away at the edges and the Democratic base is highly motivated. There is a strong possibility that the party will turn on Trump and he won't be the candidate in 2020.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 08, 2019 11:21AM
btfc
From the beginning, I've thought that Trump wouldn't leave until the Republican party thinks he'll cost them control of the legislative branch. Indications are that this situation is now close to fruition. Pence is a political animal, I'm sure he'll turn on Trump when it suits his purposes. The trumpian base is being nibbled away at the edges and the Democratic base is highly motivated. There is a strong possibility that the party will turn on Trump and he won't be the candidate in 2020.

You are whistling in the wind.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 08, 2019 12:17PM
sekker
btfc
... There is a strong possibility that the party will turn on Trump and he won't be the candidate in 2020.

You are whistling in the wind.
Agreed. That theory died when the Trumplican party started cancelling primary elections.
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 08, 2019 02:16PM
Watch for more and more Repug rats deserting the sinking ship. Note the hunted look in Trump's eyes. When the meltdown happens, it's going to be spectacular!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 08, 2019 02:57PM
The rats haven't left the ship but a few have been noticed building exit ramps.
Posted by: steve...
Date: October 08, 2019 07:44PM
btfc
When the meltdown happens, it's going to be spectacular!

I hope you're right, nothing would make me happier!

patriot smiley

Northern California Coast
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 268
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018