advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
So much for the Trump economic miracle
Posted by: maco
Date: November 02, 2019 06:13PM
"Not one to hide his light under a bushel, President Trump keeps telling us that the U.S. economy has never performed better than under his brilliant stewardship. He does so even though the economic data tell a very different story. He also does so even though there are growing indications that his economic policies are mortgaging our economic future."

[thehill.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: So much for the Trump economic miracle
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 02, 2019 08:07PM
You mean the "miracle" of a surge in farm bankruptcies even with subsidies equal to 60% of the yearly market in dozens of commodities?

How about the bankruptcy of the largest coal company in the U.S. even with the administration trying to prop up the market? Those coal jobs are never coming back.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 03, 2019 03:54PM
Deficit approaching 1 trillion. I remember talking to my financial advisor about the market after Trump was elected. He told me that Trump was pouring gas on the market to really juice up the economy. His obvious implication was that at some point, somebody is going to have to pay for the gas.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung
Posted by: hal
Date: November 03, 2019 04:02PM
or maybe the implication is that pouring gas on the economy might cause it to explode in flames and be destroyed :-)
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 03, 2019 04:19PM
Ammo
Deficit approaching 1 trillion. I remember talking to my financial advisor about the market after Trump was elected. He told me that Trump was pouring gas on the market to really juice up the economy. His obvious implication was that at some point, somebody is going to have to pay for the gas.

I remember the Republicans bemoaning the trillion dollar deficit year (or two) early in Obama's presidency where he was trying to stave off an even worse recession or depression. But a trillion dollar deficit during a Trump presidency? No prob. Yes, all politicians are hypocrites - but not all hypocrisies have the same consequences. This one is a really nasty hypocrisy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018