advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Bernie's calling out Apple
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 05, 2019 02:31PM
As a side note, Burger King bought the Tim Horton company in order to move its headquarters to Canada to get past paying U.S. taxes. Also, "evading" taxes would mean not paying taxes that you legally owe, not taxes that you've legally managed to avoid being subject to.

Bernie Sanders calls out Apple over $2.5B donation for California housing crisis
[www.sfgate.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bernie's calling out Apple
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 05, 2019 02:53PM
$1 billion of this is a loan to the state from Apple, not a donation. So they'll make money when the state pays it back. The other funding is a charitable gift to support affordable housing. Hopefully it has a good impact.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 05, 2019 03:05PM
Lemon Drop
$1 billion of this is a loan to the state from Apple, not a donation. So they'll make money when the state pays it back. The other funding is a charitable gift to support affordable housing. Hopefully it has a good impact.

Facebook just pledged a billion too. San Francisco is voting on Proposition C today (whoops, I mean Prop A), which will allow the city to sell $600 million worth of bonds to build/acquire affordable housing. There are varying schools of thought regarding how to resolve the housing crisis in California. London Breed is up for election today as well. I like her vision a lot. It's more focused on the poor and not just creating quantity for everybody. However, I'm grateful for any kind of sharing. We can always reform taxes when we have power.

I think there is going to be a massive real estate crash that may free up a bunch of housing soon. No proof, just my speculation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 03:31PM by vision63.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 05, 2019 05:28PM
So, Apple helped cause the lack of affordable housing because...they were successful? And when they try to do something about it, that’s horrible?

Got it. Thanks, Bernie. Won’t make that mistake again.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 05, 2019 08:01PM
The idea that Apple is responsible for homelessness problem in California because they offer lots of high paying jobs is insane.

"Apple's announcement that it is entering the real estate lending business is an effort to distract from the fact that it helped create California's housing crisis"

@#$%& off Bernie - this is just stupid
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 246
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018