advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Dems look to take VA State House and Senate
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 05, 2019 08:50PM
Republicans currently hold a one-seat majority in each, but at present, it looks like D's will flip both houses tonight.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dems look to take VA State House and Senate
Date: November 05, 2019 09:03PM
FWIW, Amazon's last-minute campaign contributions favor Republicans in Virginia

Looks like they backed the wrong horse this time.
Date: November 05, 2019 09:16PM
Sorry, I couldn't resist this compare-and-contrast in the current newsfeed:

Item 1:

Trump tweet Sunday @ 9PM

Great Republican Geary Higgins has my complete and total Endorsement for Virginia Senate, 13th District. He is strong on Crime, the Border, our Military, Cutting Taxes, and protecting your 2nd Amendment. Dem John Bell will take your guns & raise your taxes. Vote for Geary Higgins

Item 2:

InsideNoVa: Bell tops Higgins to win 13th District Senate seat

...and it wasn't close - an 8-point win for an open office.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 06, 2019 04:11AM
I think it is important that Virginia politicos remain sane and reasonable with their newfound majority. The GOP will use their actions as the poster for next year's elections across the nation. If the Dems rush in with extreme measures on ticklish issues such as gun control and taxes, it could scare away moderate conservatives who would otherwise cross over in other states.

I'm not saying not to implement changes, just to be reasonable and look at the bigger picture.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 06, 2019 05:05AM
Ombligo
I think it is important that Virginia politicos remain sane and reasonable with their newfound majority. The GOP will use their actions as the poster for next year's elections across the nation. If the Dems rush in with extreme measures on ticklish issues such as gun control and taxes, it could scare away moderate conservatives who would otherwise cross over in other states.

I'm not saying not to implement changes, just to be reasonable and look at the bigger picture.

In states I believe it is more about taxes and education spending. Do those right and then tackle healthcare.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Pam
Date: November 06, 2019 05:18AM
Ombligo

I couldn’t decide how to respond to this. Bless your heart.... freaking no.....rethink your response.....

Virginia like other states have suffered for years with GOP gerrymandering. Finally the majority in the state will no longer have their voices silenced. We are not some crazy eyed fools. Like the majority in this country universal background checks, protections for the LBGTQ community, raising the minimum wage, and protecting a woman’s reproductive rights will finally get passed. It’s not dems who need to be reasonable and look at the bigger picture. North Carolina GOP you’re next!
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 06, 2019 08:47AM
Pam
Ombligo

I couldn’t decide how to respond to this. Bless your heart.... freaking no.....rethink your response.....

Virginia like other states have suffered for years with GOP gerrymandering. Finally the majority in the state will no longer have their voices silenced. We are not some crazy eyed fools. Like the majority in this country universal background checks, protections for the LBGTQ community, raising the minimum wage, and protecting a woman’s reproductive rights will finally get passed. It’s not dems who need to be reasonable and look at the bigger picture. North Carolina GOP you’re next!

PREACH!!

(In NC, the fight against voter suppression makes the climb steeper, but I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN)

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 06, 2019 08:00PM
For a state turning blue, the legislature barely changed seat count albeit enough to go from red to blue. I think nationally the Repugs can take heart that there wasn’t a blue landslide.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 08:02PM by Speedy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 279
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018