advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Rand Paul tells Fox News that he "probably will" name whistleblower
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 05, 2019 09:51PM

"I'm more than willing to, and I probably will at some point. ... There is no law preventing anybody from saying the name," Paul told reporters.

Ummm...you sure about that, Senator? Cause I'm thinking that maybe...

Paul doubled down on potentially publicly releasing the whistleblower's name during an interview with Fox News's Bret Baier on Tuesday night, saying that he "may" disclose the name.

"There’s nothing that prevents me from saying it now," Paul said.

Just sayin, it seems to me that I've heard...I dunno...something about quotes smiley Federal whistleblower protections quotes smiley or...

Questioned on why he didn't go to the Senate floor and disclose the name as part of a speech, he added, "I can, and I may, but I can do it right now if I want. Nothing stops me."

An admirable trait, in general, Senator, but when it comes to the law, and this particular instance, do you think that just maybe...

"I want it to be more about the process and less about the person," Paul argued. "Nothing stops me. There's no law that stops me from doing it other than that I don't want to make it about the one individual."

bs smiley

Yeah, Senator, you do. You really, really do. You want to out this guy whose disturbing story of a Presidency out of control has been corroborated by witness after witness, because you can't argue with what actually happened, and you're mad as hell about that.

Do it. Put this guy's (or woman's) job, livelihood...maybe even their life on the line so that they can be fully exposed to the Republican slime machine.

I mean, it's gonna come out sometime, right? Step up, big guy. Take ownership of what you believe.

Edit: the link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 09:53PM by pdq.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rand Paul tells Fox News that he "probably will" name whistleblower
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 05, 2019 10:22PM
I’m pretty sure everyone in the alt.White House knows the name. Even Shame Hannity knows his name. They just don’t want to be singled out as the person who outed the whistleblower.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 05, 2019 10:52PM
He’s both dog and pony in this show. He got “the name” from a conspiracy-show radio host (or that guy claims he knows who it is) and he’s goading anyone who will listen to state it for him. He’s a pathetic pansy.

The longer he can keep this juggling in the air, the better a distractor it is. Seems every other day another Republican steps forward to say, “But wait! There’s more!”

More of everything except a discussion or admission of facts and credible testimony. No, it’s surely “politics” and “partisanship” instead. They must be right, since truth isn’t anything they’re interested in.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 05, 2019 10:54PM
I've seen the name in print (more accurately in font on screen), they need someone to blow the right whistle before the public pillorying can begin in earnest.

The guy is entitled to anonymity and protection, wonder what sort of protection he'll get from the current DOJ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 10:58PM by RgrF.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 05, 2019 10:59PM
RgrF
I've seen the name in print (more accurately in font on screen).

Apparently there’s no context that makes sense for any credible outlet to publish, unless each and every one of them is a giant conspiracy. Which many Americans would find terrifically easy to believe ... which is further a likely goal with this nonsense.
Date: November 05, 2019 11:17PM
Publishing as it now stands is against the law, they're working feverishly around the clock to find a work around. Quoting an elected official would in all likelihood provide them the workaround they seek.

On the other hand it's difficult to imagine the current highly politicized DOJ going after anyone who does decide to illegally open those floodgates. After tonight's election returns, the impetus to put the whistleblower front and center may become irresistible.
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 06, 2019 07:40AM
jerk. Once a Jerk always a Jerk. Stop perming your hair. It is making your brain weaker and weaker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 07:40AM by samintx.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 06, 2019 08:49AM
He can literally and legally say anything that he wants to on the Senate floor, whether it's against the law elsewhere or not. That speech has immunity.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 06, 2019 09:46AM
Witness intimidation.....
Posted by: wave rider
Date: November 06, 2019 11:02AM
samintx
jerk. Once a Jerk always a Jerk. Stop perming your hair. It is making your brain weaker and weaker.

agree smiley Randall is a prick.

=wr=
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 06, 2019 11:05AM
I'm guessing it serves their purposes more simply to imply the whistleblower is problematic. She or he may just be a career person with no meaningful political connections or demonstrable ulterior motives. Pretty much the "why all the secrecy" FUD with the closed hearings.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 06, 2019 11:47AM
Acer
I'm guessing it serves their purposes more simply to imply the whistleblower is problematic. She or he may just be a career person with no meaningful political connections or demonstrable ulterior motives. Pretty much the "why all the secrecy" FUD with the closed hearings.

He is reported to have worked previously directly for Joe Biden and John Brennan, so you can imagine why the GOP is salivating.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: hal
Date: November 06, 2019 12:44PM
Don Jr decides to be the fall guy - releases whistleblower name...

[news.yahoo.com]

Washington (AFP) - President Donald Trump's son published on Wednesday the name of the alleged anonymous whistleblower whose complaint fired the impeachment inquiry against Trump, breaking strict conventions for protecting officials who reveal wrongdoing in government.

Amid calls by the president himself to expose the whistleblower, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted the name of a CIA analyst which has circulated online for weeks, and linked to a Breitbart news article implying the person was pro-Democrat and anti-Trump.

AFP could not independently verify the whistleblower's identity and is not publishing the name.

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 06, 2019 01:36PM
I'm guessing the DOJ will ignore him breaking federal law protecting the identity of whistleblowers. Even if it doesn't, Daddy will give Donny a pardon.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: hal
Date: November 06, 2019 01:42PM
who's to say that the NEXT DOJ might make a big deal about it
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 06, 2019 07:54PM
hal
who's to say that the NEXT DOJ might make a big deal about it

The statute of limitations will no doubt stop any prosecution in five years.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 06, 2019 08:50PM
Even Faux Gnus was saying the whistleblower had a right to anonymity.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 06, 2019 11:59PM
The GOP will want that whistleblower protection for the next Butterghazi investigation.
Date: November 07, 2019 12:02AM
Acer
The GOP will want that whistleblower protection for the next Butterghazi Pizzagate investigation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 343
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018