AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Alabama student government threatens loss of seating for any Trump protesters
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 06, 2019 02:55PM

See you at the Big Game!

Alabama student government threatens loss of seating for any Trump protesters
[thehill.com]

The University of Alabama's student government is reportedly warning that students could lose their reserved football seating for the rest of the year if they protest President Trump's appearance during Saturday's game against LSU.

“Additional security will … be in the student section during the game. Any organizations that engage in disruptive behavior during the game will be removed from block seating instantly from the remainder of the season,” Vice President of Student Affairs Jason Rothfarb wrote in a letter to students, AL.com reported on Wednesday.

Nearly 60 student groups reportedly have reserved blocks of seats at Bryant Denny Stadium, and attendees have been encouraged to arrive at least two hours early due to the high security.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Alabama student government threatens loss of seating for any Trump protesters
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 06, 2019 03:02PM
Long live protesters. smiley-gen013
Re: Alabama student government threatens loss of seating for any Trump protesters
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 06, 2019 03:12PM
Yeah, good luck with that.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 06, 2019 03:31PM
Jason Rothfarb

"I think the biggest problem on campus is the divide between students." RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 06, 2019 03:48PM
I'm thinking vuvuzela would be a good alternative at tRump's introduction...
[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 06, 2019 04:05PM
I need Alabama to lose the game. That's priority one. Then I need LSU to lose later.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 06, 2019 04:11PM
be worth it in my play book.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: hal
Date: November 06, 2019 04:17PM
graylocks
be worth it in my play book.

no kidding - I'd think the threat alone would diminish the enjoyment of the game for some people anyway.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 06, 2019 07:41PM
It may be hard to believe but there are really a lot of people who have no idea how unpopular Trump is. This is the sort of event that would burst through the bubble they live in, Trump can't afford that.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 07, 2019 03:48AM
Alabama is already backing off. It released a clarifying statement that the memo was just meant to raise awareness that there will be enhanced security at the game due to Trump's presence.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 07, 2019 09:41AM
Ombligo
Alabama is already backing off. It released a clarifying statement that the memo was just meant to raise awareness that there will be enhanced security at the game due to Trump's presence.

In other words, Trump's ego is so eggshell-thin, that booing him would be a security threat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 289
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018