advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Kentucky governor vote being contested
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 06, 2019 06:20PM
Kentucky Republican Gov. Matt Bevin is formally asking for a recanvass of Tuesday's gubernatorial election. Democrat Andy Beshear is ahead of Bevin by just over 5,000 votes. A recanvass is a double-checking of the vote totals and rarely produces different results.

If the recanvass does not change the result, Bevin's option is contesting the election. In that case, the election would be settled by the Republican-led legislature. Kentucky law has no provision for a recount in gubernatorial races.

I can't imagine what would happen if the Kentucky legislature would overturn the election.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Kentucky governor vote being contested
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 06, 2019 07:03PM
Ombligo
I can't imagine what would happen if the Kentucky legislature would overturn the election.

It would hardly be the first time a state has overturned a popular majority.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 06, 2019 07:13PM
Ombligo
Kentucky law has no provision for a recount in gubernatorial races.

One story I read said there was a provision, but the candidate requesting a recount had to foot the bill. Some of his GOP allies in the state legislature are talking up the use of the legislative option, but that was last used 120 years ago.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 06, 2019 08:42PM
I have a bad feeling about this.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 06, 2019 10:24PM
The GOP incumbent is VERY unpopular. No way the legislature puts their personal necks at risk by overruling the election results.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 06, 2019 10:50PM
And Dumbf will be the next one to try the same stunt…
Posted by: J Marston
Date: November 07, 2019 10:51AM
Ombligo

Hard to imagine, but the Republicans have become the party of shamelessness. I can't imagine they'd pay much of a price--especially an electoral price--for doing this. A few charges of voter fraud, et voila.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 07, 2019 02:17PM
Wow. Just wow on the "remedy" and the rest of this post-election debacle. Blevin is a classic narcissist. Let him and Trump move in together on some island with no contact to the outside world and leave the rest of us alone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018