advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump apparently wanted Ukraine to investigate Hillary Clinton in addition to the Bidens: State Department official
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 07, 2019 02:48PM
Gets worse every second

Trump apparently wanted Ukraine to investigate Hillary Clinton in addition to the Bidens: State Department official
[www.nydailynews.com]

Before he was prepared to give U.S. military aid to Ukraine, President Trump apparently wanted “nothing less” than for the European country’s president to announce investigations of Hillary Clinton in addition to Joe Biden’s family, according to a senior State Department official.

George Kent, a deputy assistant secretary of state for European affairs, made the bombshell revelation during his closed-door deposition on Oct. 15, testifying Trump used Clinton’s name as “shorthand” for the investigation he wanted President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch into a debunked right-wing conspiracy theory claiming anti-Trump Ukrainians interfered in the 2016 election.

“POTUS wanted nothing less than President Zelensky to go to microphone and say investigations, Biden, and Clinton,” Kent testified, according to a transcript of his grilling released Thursday.

Kent’s testimony marks the first time Clinton’s name has been mentioned in the impeachment inquiry and suggests Trump wanted the 2016 election investigation to target the former secretary of state.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump apparently wanted Ukraine to investigate Hillary Clinton in addition to the Bidens: State Department official
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 08, 2019 12:24AM
Bizarro. He just can't get over that he lost to her. Didn't he used to be buds with the Clintons? I thought they went to each other's kids' weddings and such.
Re: Trump apparently wanted Ukraine to investigate Hillary Clinton in addition to the Bidens: State Department official
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 08, 2019 12:34PM
They briefly were all acquainted back when they were all just rich New York elites. It remains a stretch to portray them as good friends.

Everything about Kent's testimony is bad for the State Department, and Trump's micromanagement of it. Pompeo is pure yes-man.

Opinion: Here’s why George Kent is a star impeachment witness

WaPo
Kent described a confrontation in a 20-person meeting with a State Department lawyer who objected strenuously to Kent’s insistence that the House request for documents extend to Carl Risch, the assistant secretary for consular affairs. The lawyer pulled Kent out of the meeting. The Post recounts what occurred, with Kent speaking first.

"I said, ‘That was unprofessional.’ And he then said, ‘You were unprofessional.’ He got very angry. He started pointing at me with a clenched jaw,” arguing that Congress could interpret Kent’s comments as trying to influence the collection of document.

I said, ‘That’s called projection,’ ” he continued. “What I hear you saying is that you think that I am doing that. What I was trying to do was make sure that the department was being fully responsive.”

Kinda like how the GOP complains that Trump criticism is liberal whining that Trump won the election: The party of Low Self Esteem cannot bear to be seen as illegitimate. Criticism always has a "secret" agenda with them. Things can't be taken at face value because they might have to then be well ... faced.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 08, 2019 06:58PM
Amen to ALL that. Good article. It's funny just to watch their machinations during this impeachment stuff. All the @#$%& they toss up in the air hoping it will fly, but it's all so preposterous that the only ones buying it are their own echo chamber 30%+ of Rs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 273
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018