advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What the hell is wrong with these Trump people?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 07, 2019 05:45PM
From an article about Jr's new book:

[t.co]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 05:46PM by Dennis S.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What the hell is wrong with these Trump people?
Posted by: Janit
Date: November 07, 2019 06:22PM
For the Trumps, nothing exists outside of themselves.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 07, 2019 06:42PM
He won't tweet about something unless in some twisted soulless way he can make it all about him

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 07, 2019 07:20PM
...and of course, his dad picked him to out the whistleblower today.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 08, 2019 05:32AM
Yeah, the Trump family has given up so much. NOT.

Hopefully, several in the family will soon be giving up their freedom to incarceration.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 08, 2019 12:53PM
book review:

"In it, Trump Jr. writes, “A victimhood complex has taken root in the American left.” Yet, in his telling, the real victim is often him, his father or another Trump family member."

They have zero self-awareness. Trump promotes Jr's book but it's not an ethics violation to use political office to enrich family ... when you're President. A spokesdrone for Don Jr. didn't think his dad's promotion was anything different than what any other dad would do for his son, conveniently forgetting who the dad is in this case.

It's hutzpah, it's gaslighting, it's an inability to be criticized. The family has relied on everyone around them to eventually be worn out from the bombast and walk away from the self-dealing.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 08, 2019 01:39PM
The well of deep-seated resentment and anger over a lost sense of entitlement is deep and broad in this country's majorities. I don't believe that this kind of book and public statements are merely reflective of Don Jr.'s lack of self-awareness; I think he expresses himself this way in order to make his family's resentment 'feel like,' in a narrative sense, the resentments that his supporters (and other 2016 Trump voters) still feel about losing things unfairly, and not having those losses recognized.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 08, 2019 02:51PM
rjmacs
The well of deep-seated resentment and anger over a lost sense of entitlement is deep and broad in this country's majorities. I don't believe that this kind of book and public statements are merely reflective of Don Jr.'s lack of self-awareness; I think he expresses himself this way in order to make his family's resentment 'feel like,' in a narrative sense, the resentments that his supporters (and other 2016 Trump voters) still feel about losing things unfairly, and not having those losses recognized.

In that case he, and everyone who feels similarly, need basic vocabulary lessons. Me, I don’t buy it. It’s all doublespeak and talking in circles. It’s @#$%&. Learning how to adult is a thing many don’t even attempt.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 08, 2019 03:13PM
That's all true, deckeda, but it's a bit outside the point.

We can spend all our time explaining to one another how wrong they are, and how mistaken and flaw-filled their arguments are, how vapid and uninformed they are on key matters, and so on and so on.

We have, in fact, done that. And continue to do so.

They aren't talking to you, or to me. And if the best response we have to the people who DO gravitate to this message is to explain in detail to them how wrong they are - well, that's just what Trump told them we'd do.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 256
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018