advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Yet once again - GDP fact check
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 07, 2019 06:34PM
Louisiana Trump rally, yesterday:

“In three short years, President Trump has doubled the growth in the greatest economy in all of human history. And do you know what our Democratic friends have done for him?” Kennedy asked. “Speaker Nancy Pelosi is trying to impeach him.”

Sigh.

Actual growth rate of US GDP, from the fed:

See that awesome doubling of growth rate?

Yeah. Neither do I. Unless you take the lowest quarterly growth number from Obama’s second term, and compare it to the highest quarterly number from Trump’s time (which, curiously enough, considerably trails the highest quarterly number from Obama’s second term).

Trump the candidate said that he would bring GDP growth of 4, 5, maybe 6%. Yeah, not so much.

And that multi-trillion dollar tax cut for corporations? “Rocket fuel for the economy" it ain’t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 06:46PM by pdq.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Yet once again - GDP fact check
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 08, 2019 01:56PM
Official numbers that do not support Trump are fake news.

Didn't you get the memo?

One of my conservative friends (not a Trumper) said to me that he was glad he was now getting good ROIs, because that (apparently) wasn't the case 10 years ago.

People are extrapolating the first three months of the Obama administration to the entire eight years to convince themselves that things were just terrible and we should never let democrats in public office.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 01:59PM by Lux Interior.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 351
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018