advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
When Giuliani went to visit Zelensky"s aid Yermak in Spain, he had another reason for being there
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 26, 2019 10:39AM
While there, adopted a client who's being investigated by the Justice Department for money laundering.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

"Giuliani told The Washington Post in September that Yermak had offered to come to the United States, but he suggested Spain. “I told him I was already going to be in Madrid for something else the first weekend in August, so why don’t we just meet there?” he said.

"He told the Daily Beast in October that he met Yermak in Madrid because he already planned to be in the Spanish capital for “business and vacation.”

"He said it was an example of how the costs of his travel for Trump were covered by separate work he did for private clients.

“That particular trip has not been reimbursed but about three-fourths of it would be business and one-fourth would be personal,” he said. “The Trump part would be considered personal because I don’t get paid for representing the president.”

"Giuliani’s representation of Betancourt — which has not been previously disclosed — is a striking example of how Trump’s lawyer has continued to offer his services to foreign clients with interests before the U.S. government while working on behalf of the president. And it shows how Giuliani — who says he was serving as Trump’s attorney pro bono — has used his work for paying clients to help underwrite his efforts to find political ammunition in Ukraine to benefit the president.

Got that? It's perfectly normal to work for foreign thugs while claiming a lifetime of pursuing "corruption" while representing a president who only values corruption ... to say nothing of how who and what he represents directly contradicts U.S. policy and actions.

I wonder if the Justice Department, being on the opposite side of the fence here regarding Betancourt, will have any interest in this dichotomy?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: When Giuliani went to visit Zelensky"s aid Yermak in Spain, he had another reason for being there
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 26, 2019 10:44AM
It was only a month or so ago we were wondering why Rudi kept (keeps) making the point that he works for "free" for Trump and who are "those people" paying him?

Seems the plan here is just to remain slimy. Not necessarily illegal per se, maybe not explicitly, but to surround himself with what I'd describe as "filth opportunities." The article mentions that while Giuliani was "on vacation" wining and dining at Betancourt's villa, his pals Parnas and Fruman tagged along.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 274
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018