advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump Lies Exposed:"Russia Inquiry Review Is Expected to Undercut Trump Claim of F.B.I. Spying"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 27, 2019 04:39PM
Yes, friends, it was more garbage as the lying slime of the GOP and Trump try to undermine the FBI and Intel services.

Russia Inquiry Review Is Expected to Undercut Trump Claim of F.B.I. Spying

The F.B.I. never tried to place undercover agents or informants inside the Trump campaign, a highly anticipated inspector general’s report is expected to find.
The F.B.I. building in Washington. The Justice Department inspector general is expected to release a highly anticipated report next month examining aspects of the Russia investigation.

By Adam Goldman
Nov. 27, 2019, 2:34 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the F.B.I. attempted to place undercover agents or informants inside Donald J. Trump’s campaign in 2016 as agents investigated whether his associates conspired with Russia's election interference operation, people familiar with a draft of the inspector general’s report said.

The determination by the inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, is expected to be a key finding in his highly anticipated report due out on Dec. 9 examining aspects of the Russia investigation. The finding also contradicts some of the most inflammatory accusations hurled by Mr. Trump and his supporters, who alleged not only that F.B.I. officials spied on the Trump campaign but also at one point that former President Barack Obama had ordered Mr. Trump’s phones tapped. The startling accusation generated headlines but Mr. Trump never backed it up.

The finding is one of several by Mr. Horowitz that undercuts conservatives’ claims that the F.B.I. acted improperly in investigating several Trump associates starting in 2016. He also found that F.B.I. leaders did not take politically motivated actions in pursuing a secret wiretap on a former Trump campaign adviser, Carter Page — eavesdropping that Mr. Trump’s allies have long decried as politically motivated.

But Mr. Horowitz will sharply criticize F.B.I. leaders for their handling of the investigation in some ways, and he unearthed errors and omissions when F.B.I. officials applied for the wiretap, according to people familiar with a draft of the report. The draft contained a chart listing numerous mistakes in the process, one of the people said.

A spotlight on the people reshaping our politics. A conversation with voters across the country. And a guiding hand through the endless news cycle, telling you what you really need to know.

Mr. Horowitz concluded that the F.B.I. was careless and unprofessional in pursuing the Page wiretap, and he referred his findings in one instance to prosecutors for potential criminal charges over the alteration of a document in 2017 by a front-line lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, 37, in connection with the wiretap application.

Mr. Horowitz’s mixed bag of conclusions is likely to give new ammunition to both Mr. Trump’s defenders and critics in the long-running partisan fight over the Russia investigation. Last week, Mr. Trump described the coming report in a phone interview with “Fox & Friends” as potentially “historic” and predicted “perhaps the biggest scandal in the history of our country.”

A spokeswoman for Mr. Horowitz declined to comment. The people familiar with the inquiry cautioned that the draft report was not final.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump Lies Exposed:"Russia Inquiry Review Is Expected to Undercut Trump Claim of F.B.I. Spying"
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 27, 2019 06:51PM
Fake news. I’ll wait for the redacted report so I can read between the lines for the truth.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Trump Lies Exposed:"Russia Inquiry Review Is Expected to Undercut Trump Claim of F.B.I. Spying"
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 27, 2019 11:00PM
I'm of the mind that anyone who provides a "mixed bag" report should be prepared to defend it from all sides. Otherwise it's kind of a waste of time these days.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 28, 2019 11:22AM
deckeda
I'm of the mind that anyone who provides a "mixed bag" report should be prepared to defend it from all sides. Otherwise it's kind of a waste of time these days.

As long as the report is comprehensive and unbiased, the more info, the better.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 28, 2019 12:50PM
Speedy
deckeda

As long as the report is comprehensive and unbiased, the more info, the better.

Well, yeah, but ... something that presents as mixed bag inherently isn't drawing conclusions leading to actions. The end result is a picture of a particular circumstance that doesn't easily translate into "next time it happens," which is a missed opportunity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018