advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Chick-fil-A faces rightwing backlash after cutting ties to Christian groups
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 30, 2019 10:39AM
Cruz, Daddy Huckabee and the fanatics of the Family Research Council explode with (not-so-much) Christian love when their beloved Chick-fil-A is revealed to be in league with Satan.
Chick-fil-A has been hit by an avalanche of conservative criticism in recent days after it announced this month that its charitable foundation will no longer donate to two Christian groups that have long opposed same-sex marriage.
and Jesus' favorite sandwich apostle also revealed past donations to the chain to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)

If true, @ChickfilA has badly lost its way. Millions of Christians have been proud of ChickFilA’s courageous stands for religious liberty. To fund those who hate your customers is just sad. [t.co]
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) November 28, 2019

The sad message of @ChickfilA is quite clear- they surrendered to anti- Christian hate groups. Tragic. Chick-fil-A To Stop Donating To Christian Charities Branded ‘Anti-LGBT’ [t.co]
— Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) November 18, 2019

Not only has Chick-fil-A abandoned donations to Christian groups including the Salvation Army, it has donated to one of the most extreme anti-Christian groups in America. Anyone who opposes SPLC is slandered and slapped with their 'extremist' or 'hate group" label. #SPLCexposed
— FRC (@FRCdc) November 27, 2019

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, BOYS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2019 01:24PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Chick-fil-A faces rightwing backlash after cutting ties to Christian groups
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 30, 2019 10:50AM

Then who will be left to save them?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 30, 2019 11:02AM
Those poor, oppressed Christian hate groups.

Who will speak for them?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 30, 2019 11:53AM
I like that this Chick-fil-a change has come just in time for its Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake.

(though the sandwich is still overrated)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 30, 2019 01:00PM
When I've eaten there, I didn't feel as if they hated me even though I knew about their corporate donations. It's too bad these asshats who probably never eat there suddenly became oppressed.
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 30, 2019 01:23PM
I knew something bad was happening to me very time I ate a ChickFilet now I know they are Satan sandwiches.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 30, 2019 02:00PM
They'll express backlash, but whoever likes the food now will continue to eat it.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 30, 2019 02:26PM
deckeda
When I've eaten there, I didn't feel as if they hated me even though I knew about their corporate donations. It's too bad these asshats who probably never eat there suddenly became oppressed.

Wait - do you identify as LGBT?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 30, 2019 02:39PM
They're evidently trying to extricate themselves from the horns of a self imposed dilemma. According to The Guardian article they were donating to the Southern Poverty Law Center at the same time they were supporting anti gay organizations.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 30, 2019 02:50PM
rjmacs
deckeda

Wait - do you identify as LGBT?

Nobody (customers) at the stores are discriminating against anybody. LGBTQ work at the stores themselves. It's corporate policy that people are concerned about. They're in the midst of a huge nationwide (international) expansion and have faced resistance in certain places.

The old policies are simply not sustainable considering the expansion so they're abandoning it for a ton more potential customers. Plus they have to counter competition that sees them coming and are countering their products (Popeyes for ex).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2019 02:53PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 268
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018