advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Is the world silent over Iran or am I missing the news?
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 06, 2020 02:23PM
I thought we would have lots of world conversation over 45s fiasco killing. I see nothing. Am I missing it?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is the world silent over Iran or am I missing the news?
Posted by: Pam
Date: January 06, 2020 03:00PM
Everyone is ducking under the covers. Trump is not getting support.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 06, 2020 03:39PM
The world is decrying Trump's INSANE unilateral attack on an Iranian leader in another sovereign country (Iraq), and his further declarations that he will destroy over 50 World Heritage Sites in Iran.
Even Turkey's dictator is calling him out on it.

"“Turkey has always stood against foreign intervention in the region and regards the [Soleimani killing] from the same perspective,” he said"

It's also important to know that there is on HELL of a money trail connecting Trump to the dude he murdered.

[www.newyorker.com]
"The details of Trump’s indirect relationship with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps were revealed in The New Yorker in March, and, soon afterward, several Democratic senators asked for more details from the Administration. They were hoping to learn if the more than five million dollars the Trump Organization received from the Mammadovs had originated with the Revolutionary Guard. No answer ever came. Several Republicans who have taken a hard line against Iran declined to comment on Trump’s profitable relationship with such enthusiastic allies of the Guard."
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 06, 2020 03:41PM
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 06, 2020 03:43PM
Ah, thanks. I thought I had missed it.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: January 06, 2020 04:22PM
cbelt3
The world is decrying Trump's INSANE unilateral attack on an Iranian leader in another sovereign country (Iraq), and his further declarations that he will destroy over 50 World Heritage Sites in Iran.
Even Turkey's dictator is calling him out on it.

"“Turkey has always stood against foreign intervention in the region and regards the [Soleimani killing] from the same perspective,” he said"

It's also important to know that there is on HELL of a money trail connecting Trump to the dude he murdered.

[www.newyorker.com]
"The details of Trump’s indirect relationship with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps were revealed in The New Yorker in March, and, soon afterward, several Democratic senators asked for more details from the Administration. They were hoping to learn if the more than five million dollars the Trump Organization received from the Mammadovs had originated with the Revolutionary Guard. No answer ever came. Several Republicans who have taken a hard line against Iran declined to comment on Trump’s profitable relationship with such enthusiastic allies of the Guard."

This is very interesting! Why am I not surprised…?

=wr=
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 06, 2020 04:32PM
samintx
Ah, thanks. I thought I had missed it.

The main problem with The Idiot is the press HAVE to cover him. In normal times, they would be ignoring this blowhard.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 06, 2020 05:28PM
The world is gritting its teeth while fires burn us up and dictators take over entire countries and harsh, cruel laws demonize the vulnerable and weaken humanity. The spirit of brother/sisterhood goes down the drain while every segment of racial/class humanity squares off against one another. Can't make a mistake without someone jamming it back down their throats. It's sickening.

Writing songs like "Everyday People" made so much sense that it drove Sly crazy. Imagine writing a song like that and watching people fight fight fight one another? But then he came out of the peace and love movement. Everybody is right and nobody is wrong and vice versa ad infinitem. Nobody can concede an inch. Instead of trying to blend in, now whoever is on the outs just want to tear it all down. There is no middle, there's only my absolute versus your absolute. I'll never give in. Ever. No matter who it hurts.

And so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby...
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 06, 2020 06:09PM
vision63
The world is gritting its teeth while fires burn us up and dictators take over entire countries and harsh, cruel laws demonize the vulnerable and weaken humanity. The spirit of brother/sisterhood goes down the drain while every segment of racial/class humanity squares off against one another. Can't make a mistake without someone jamming it back down their throats. It's sickening.

Writing songs like "Everyday People" made so much sense that it drove Sly crazy. Imagine writing a song like that and watching people fight fight fight one another? But then he came out of the peace and love movement. Everybody is right and nobody is wrong and vice versa ad infinitem. Nobody can concede an inch. Instead of trying to blend in, now whoever is on the outs just want to tear it all down. There is no middle, there's only my absolute versus your absolute. I'll never give in. Ever. No matter who it hurts.

Well said. The corruption of the collective by rampant (primarily ethnic) nationalist sentiment is a curse on us. "Us vs. them" thinking when we face challenges that are best met with global collective action. So discouraging. Seems like what we can do as individuals is stay true to our belief that we need more collective cooperation not more divisiveness.

I'm just not sure that we as a species have a general enough proclivity to think of global collective action to meet long term goals that benefit all of future humanity. We may just be too hardwired toward tribalism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2020 09:20PM by Ted King.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 06, 2020 06:54PM
vision63

I always thought it was 'Shoobie, doobie, doobie', but with close listen, I hear that you are right. I don't EVER hear lyrics properly.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 06, 2020 08:09PM
hal
vision63

I always thought it was 'Shoobie, doobie, doobie', but with close listen, I hear that you are right. I don't EVER hear lyrics properly.

I thought it was that too. I checked and wrote it down that way. We could be right though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 233
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018