advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Have the Iranian mourning demos obligated them to unwise actions?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 07, 2020 11:33AM
Apparently millions of Iranians are turning out for the crowds mourning Soleimani (including 50 crushed, hundreds injured and a weeping supreme leader).

With such a huge public displays, I believe the Iranians have now obligated themselves to act against the U.S., UK, etc with more extreme actions than may be smart. If they 'don't do enough', it may serve to only enrage the popular will against the Iran regime, therefore trapping the Iranian government into something that could produce disastrous blowback.

In short, this may be building into something the Iranians will regret. This cannot possibly be good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 11:33AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Have the Iranian mourning demos obligated them to unwise actions?
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 07, 2020 11:37AM
I believe Iran wanted this. They have other Generals. They're trying to hang Trump out to dry. They want him defeated.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 07, 2020 11:41AM
Steve G.
Apparently millions of Iranians are turning out for the crowds mourning Soleimani (including 50 crushed, hundreds injured and a weeping supreme leader).

With such a huge public displays, I believe the Iranians have now obligated themselves to act against the U.S., UK, etc with more extreme actions than may be smart. If they 'don't do enough', it may serve to only enrage the popular will against the Iran regime, therefore trapping the Iranian government into something that could produce disastrous blowback.

In short, this may be building into something the Iranians will regret. This cannot possibly be good.

I wouldn't want to be in any vehicle associated with the U.S. military or diplomatic/intelligence services anywhere outside the continental U.S. anytime soon.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 11:41AM by rjmacs.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 07, 2020 11:46AM
Trump is a very handy idiot for the Iranians. Before this, Iran was in a state of revolt. Congratulations, Orange Idiot. You've united a fractious population against the US.
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 07, 2020 12:05PM
They have already replaced the man. I heard/saw on TV a friend of a high Shah official mourned the assasination. The official was 90 yrs old so this insult won’t fade quickly.

When I was in Iran most of the streets in all cities villages were lined with dead hero photos from past wars with Israel . Was it the 6 hr or 6 day war? also painted on buildings. Iran has a long memory. They even still glorify the Shahs ouster.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 07, 2020 02:13PM
>With such a huge public displays, I believe the Iranians have now obligated themselves to act against the U.S.

Eh, is that how it works?
Date: January 07, 2020 02:39PM
mattkime
>With such a huge public displays, I believe the Iranians have now obligated themselves to act against the U.S.

I think so. What do you think?
Posted by: timg
Date: January 07, 2020 03:37PM
vision63
I believe Iran wanted this. They have other Generals. They're trying to hang Trump out to dry. They want him defeated.

Wait, are you saying the Iranians are meddling in our election process??

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 07, 2020 04:13PM
mattkime

Look at history. Revenge is in the history of some cultures..ie the Black Hand etc. alive and well in our prez and Iran.
Date: January 07, 2020 04:25PM
If you are Iranian, you look back at a history of Persia holding back Mad Emperors for over 2000 years.

(They are still pissed about Alexander the Great winning one over them in 336 BC.)
Date: January 11, 2020 11:20PM
timg
vision63

Wait, are you saying the Iranians are meddling in our election process??

There are 2 promises he made to his deplorables Trump keeps sacred. No Mexicans and No Wars. He talks big, but he won't do it. If he does, it will not be because he wanted it. Iranians know this. They want to force a weak president into a war which will also allow them to basically colonize Iraq too.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 11, 2020 11:32PM
We predestined the colonization of Iraq (a made up name for a country that never existed in antiquity) when George the Lessed turned over mid east policy to Halliburton & Co.
Date: January 12, 2020 01:18AM
RgrF
We predestined the colonization of Iraq (a made up name for a country that never existed in antiquity) when George the Lessed turned over mid east policy to Halliburton & Co.

This may be where the worm turns.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 12, 2020 03:17AM
vision63
RgrF

This may be where the worm turns.

If you think that you probably also think the Senator from Mastercard/Visa is the guy who should replace the President from banktruptcy - two sides of a same coin sir
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 317
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018