AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Cory Booker drops out of Democratic 2020 race
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 13, 2020 10:28AM
(Still in running for VP slot)

Cory Booker drops out of Democratic 2020 race
[www.nydailynews.com]

Cory Booker pulled the plug on his long-shot campaign for president Monday.

The New Jersey senator, who struggled to gain national momentum and raise cash, made the announcement in a video posted to Twitter.

“Today I am suspending my campaign for president with the same spirit with which it began,” Booker said in the video. “It is my faith in us, my faith in us together as a nation that we share common pain and common problems that can only be solved with a common purpose and a sense of common cause.”

It’s with a full heart that I share this news—I’m suspending my campaign for president.

To my team, supporters, and everyone who gave me a shot—thank you. I am so proud of what we built, and I feel nothing but faith in what we can accomplish together. pic.twitter.com/Fxvc549vlJ
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) January 13, 2020
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Cory Booker drops out of Democratic 2020 race
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 13, 2020 10:43AM
Down to dozen.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 13, 2020 10:56AM
Disappointing. I was starting to like him.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 13, 2020 11:15AM
Super smart guy, who comes across as looking for the next gig. But, I suppose that is true of all who run for the highest office.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 13, 2020 11:16AM
Disappointing. As I watched the earlier debates, I thought he was the best candidate for going toe-to-toe with Trump in a presidential debate. I think the combination of his physical size and quick wit would have been very intimidating to our phony tough guy President.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 13, 2020 11:18AM
The average age of the Democratic candidates gets a little higher.
Posted by: timg
Date: January 13, 2020 11:21AM
I thought he left months ago. He really didn't get much of a start. Smart guy. Maybe he will figure it out for the 2024 election cycle.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 13, 2020 11:24AM
Was hoping he'd give Iowa a shot. My goals remain. Beat Bernie then beat Trump. BTW Bernie is savaging Warren's integrity and bonafides via his Warren talking points paper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 11:27AM by vision63.
Posted by: timg
Date: January 13, 2020 01:59PM
Who's left these days? The dems need someone besides Bernie and Joe.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 13, 2020 02:39PM
Nothing says "I Really Don't Care, Do U" like putting up a bunch of 70 and 80 year olds for (re)election. And we wonder why young people won't get out to vote…

Date: January 13, 2020 03:16PM
bfd
Nothing says "I Really Don't Care, Do U" like putting up a bunch of 70 and 80 year olds for (re)election. And we wonder why young people won't get out to vote…

Who's wondering why? Young people aren't a mystery.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: January 13, 2020 06:42PM
Cory Booker was still in the race?

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 13, 2020 07:05PM
Markintosh

Yep, but not any more. But Michael Bloomberg ($53.4 billionaire) and Tom Steyer ($1.6 billionaire) still are. $$$$$$$
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 13, 2020 08:06PM
vision63
BTW Bernie is savaging Warren's integrity and bonafides via his Warren talking points paper.

Link showing Bernie signed off on these talking points?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: January 13, 2020 09:43PM
Sanders could easily win the nomination, if he does the Dems will lose the general election. Sanders can not win Florida, North Carolina, or Arizona, and it would be uphill in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Sanders should not even be in the Democrats race - he isn't a Democrat and never has been. The only time he has run in any election as a Democrat is in the last two presidential elections.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”

Date: January 13, 2020 09:44PM
Filliam H. Muffman
vision63
BTW Bernie is savaging Warren's integrity and bonafides via his Warren talking points paper.

@#$%& Bernie. Her problem is she was down with all of his talk until it turned on her. Now they're swarming her so she better strike back hard. He's the least vetted of all the candidates. There is a lot to work with. Start with his taxes and his medical records.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 13, 2020 10:41PM
vision63
Filliam H. Muffman
vision63

@#$%& Bernie. Her problem is she was down with all of his talk until it turned on her. Now they're swarming her so she better strike back hard. He's the least vetted of all the candidates. There is a lot to work with. Start with his taxes and his medical records.

Just to be clear, if Sanders wins the nomination, you vote for Trump or stay home?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 13, 2020 11:15PM
Ombligo
Sanders could easily win the nomination, if he does the Dems will lose the general election. Sanders can not win Florida, North Carolina, or Arizona, and it would be uphill in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Sanders should not even be in the Democrats race - he isn't a Democrat and never has been. The only time he has run in any election as a Democrat is in the last two presidential elections.

If Democrats nominate Bernie, what's he then? Still not a Democrat?
Date: January 13, 2020 11:48PM
Rolando
vision63
Filliam H. Muffman
vision63

Just to be clear, if Sanders wins the nomination, you vote for Trump or stay home?

I've been clear. I'm a Democrat. I dont play games. This is the primary season. I like Bernie slightly more than I like Trump. I easily dislike Trump more than anybody here x 100.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 11:50PM by vision63.
Date: January 14, 2020 09:30AM
RgrF
Ombligo

Not as far as I'm concerned.

Will I vote for him in the General? yes, but I won't be thrilled. Still it about getting Trump out, so I'd vote for Dick Cheney to accomplish that.

Posted by: pdq
Date: January 14, 2020 10:01AM
Ombligo

Will I vote for him in the General? yes, but I won't be thrilled. Still it about getting Trump out, so I'd vote for Dick Cheney to accomplish that.

Ooh. Ouch!
Posted by: neophyte
Date: January 14, 2020 12:31PM
RgrF
Ombligo

Correct. Still not a Democrat. And Trump will tell his minions that the Dems are so fractured that they can't even nominate a bona fide democrat to represent their party, that they had to find an "independent". "The helmless Dems"
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 15, 2020 08:36AM
Ted King
Markintosh

Yep, but not any more. But Michael Bloomberg ($53.4 billionaire) and Tom Steyer ($1.6 billionaire) still are. $$$$$$$

White male $$$$$$.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 278
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018