advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Changes story AGAIN: 'Trump says it doesn't matter if Soleimani posed an imminent threat'
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 13, 2020 11:27AM
Another huge lie piled on top of the Trump lies which change hourly.Treasonous GOP will endorse every one.

Trump says it doesn't matter if Soleimani posed an imminent threat
[thehill.com]

President Trump on Monday said it didn’t matter if Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani posed an imminent threat to the United States because of his “horrible past.”

Trump also asserted that his national security team agreed on the imminent threat posed by Soleimani that led to the decision to kill him. He made this assertion despite remarks from Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Sunday that undercut Trump’s claim that the Iranian general was planning to target four American embassies before a U.S. drone strike killed him in Baghdad on Jan. 3.

“The Fake News Media and their Democrat Partners are working hard to determine whether or not the future attack by terrorist Soleimani was ‘eminent’ or not, & was my team in agreement,” Trump tweeted Monday morning, incorrectly spelling imminent.

“The answer to both is a strong YES., but it doesn’t really matter because of his horrible past!” the president continued.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Changes story AGAIN: 'Trump says it doesn't matter if Soleimani posed an imminent threat'
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 13, 2020 01:01PM
"I can do what I want because I'm me."
Re: Changes story AGAIN: 'Trump says it doesn't matter if Soleimani posed an imminent threat'
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 13, 2020 02:29PM
The lies this populace puts up with. Just unbelievable.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 13, 2020 03:23PM
bfd

The core problem isn’t that they “put up” with him. They actually think he’s the best president ever.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 13, 2020 05:08PM
Again, what was most irritating to me was not that Trump lied again, but that the legitimate news initially related it without skepticism.

I guess maybe they have to do that - he is the POTUS, after all...but it’s just sad, really. Folks don’t seem to be even doing the most rudimentary “does this make sense” analysis.

For instance, if just prior to our invasion of Iraq, Saddam Hussein had somehow assassinated Donald Rumsfeld, would we have said, well, that’s that, the invasion’s off the table now? How would similarly assassinating Soleimani have eliminated some nefarious Iranian plan?

In fact, Trump agreed to it in principle months ago, and Soleimani‘s assassination was just available as a (clumsy and unprecedented) response to the tit-for-tat that was going on in Iraq at the time.

Why did Trump make up crap about imminent embassy attacks? Because he’s Trump, and he makes up stuff as he goes to fit the moment all the time.

Why anyone believed him is the real question.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 13, 2020 07:30PM
Trudeau says the unspeakable (yet obvious):

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Monday that the victims of the Ukrainian airliner shot down in Iran would still be alive if the recent escalation of tensions in the region had not happened.

Um, yup. Expect Fox, et al to portray this as "blaming America".

...BTW, does anyone remember that there was a previous shoot-down of a passenger plane by mistake during a period of Iranian-US tensions, with the loss of even more lives.

However, we shot it down, so that means it was totally justified and not our fault.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 14, 2020 11:49AM
bfd

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 356
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018