Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Carville, I ask why bother?
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 13, 2020 05:03PM
Altho Bennet offers sanity he is out of the .running

James Carville endorses
James Carville, the last Democratic strategist to unseat an incumbent Republican president, today endorsed Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) for president, per the campaign.

"The best way to beat Donald Trump is to show you’re not him," Carville said. "Senator Bennet has less in common with Donald Trump than any human being in the United States when it comes to worldview, priorities, and demeanor."
Carville will campaign for Bennet in New Hampshire ahead of the primary.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Carville, I ask why bother?
Posted by: hal
Date: January 13, 2020 05:06PM
yeah, why wait until the final five are settled to back a no-name candidate with ZERO chance. Perhaps tax benefits?
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 14, 2020 07:13AM
Who?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 14, 2020 07:53AM
"toss a coin to your Witcher.."
Oh wait.. NOT Cavill...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 14, 2020 10:03AM
.....Carvel....ice cream.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 14, 2020 11:31AM
Bennet is calculating that Biden's campaign could collapse in Iowa and New Hampshire. He's banking that Democrats will reject the far left and open up the field which would give him a chance. Carville is the kind of guy, if you ask, he'll help. If it pans out, he'll get his fee, if it doesn't, no harm, no foul.

Every candidate has a path. Howard Dean's campaign crashed in an instant.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 14, 2020 05:47PM
I guess you could say Colorado is O' Valley of Plenty. RollingEyesSmiley5Maybe candidates will start to have bards sing and dance around them to attract attention. Dance James, dance!

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 14, 2020 08:51PM
vision63
Bennet is calculating that Biden's campaign could collapse in Iowa and New Hampshire. He's banking that Democrats will reject the far left and open up the field which would give him a chance. Carville is the kind of guy, if you ask, he'll help. If it pans out, he'll get his fee, if it doesn't, no harm, no foul.

It's difficult to imagine ANY candidate that's not already in the debate mix coming out of nowhere and taking the White House from Trump. If Dems can't put their differences behind them and go Balls to the Wall for their nominee, this country may emerge from a second term looking like a third world Banana Republic.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 14, 2020 09:36PM
RgrF
vision63

It's difficult to imagine ANY candidate that's not already in the debate mix coming out of nowhere and taking the White House from Trump. If Dems can't put their differences behind them and go Balls to the Wall for their nominee, this country may emerge from a second term looking like a third world Banana Republic.

He's not going to succeed. Sometimes you give it your shot because stuff happens and you never know. He's a Senator because he shot for the stars and landed on the moon. I remember Bill Clinton being boo'd at the 1988 Convention because of his long speech. He turned that all around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2020 09:44PM by vision63.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 15, 2020 08:32AM
Carville is a Clinton Democrat. So is Bennet.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 257
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018