advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Giuliani’s buddy, Lev Parnas, flips under pressure from NY Attorney's office...
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 13, 2020 11:06PM
[www.cnn.com]

Parnas has also provided investigators with documents, recordings, photos, text messages on What's App, an encrypted messaging platform, and materials from a Samsung phone, according to Bondy. Material from two other devices, an iPad and another iPhone, are also expected to be shared with them.

Bondy declined to comment on what was included in the materials he gave to investigators.

The bid to get an audience with lawmakers comes as Parnas is increasingly under pressure by federal prosecutors who have said they are likely to file additional criminal charges against him. It's also a gamble by Bondy to establish Parnas' value as a witness, which -- if successful -- could win him an audience with prosecutors and possibly leniency...

Prosecutors with the US attorney's office for the Southern District of New York seized over a dozen electronic devices, including cell phones, laptop computers and a hard drive from Parnas and his home when he was arrested on October 9 at Dulles International airport.

Parnas, his business partner Igor Fruman, and two others were charged with funneling foreign money into US elections and using a straw donor to obscure the true source of political donations. They have all pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Giuliani’s buddy, Lev Parnas, flips under pressure from NY Attorney's office...
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 14, 2020 09:57AM
Parnas has been itching to cooperate since the beginning, IMO. I think he realizes he was sucked into some serious @#$%&...uh, stuff by nefarious folks who remain unnamed, and now knows he's waaay over his head.

Dunno what will come of it, but it's certainly interesting.
Re: Giuliani’s buddy, Lev Parnas, flips under pressure from NY Attorney's office...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 14, 2020 10:04AM
.....give him up......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 14, 2020 07:43PM
Holy crow, the documents are something else.
Meet the Trump Donor Who Allegedly Stalked America’s Ambassador in Ukraine
[www.thedailybeast.com]
Parnas Associate Tracked Ousted Ambassador’s Movements in Kyiv: Docs
[www.thedailybeast.com]

It's difficult to read these and not think the worst (link opens a pdf files)
[intelligence.house.gov]

Posted by: hal
Date: January 14, 2020 10:33PM
that poor woman - I really hope the next admin makes it up to her.

$tevie
Holy crow, the documents are something else.
Meet the Trump Donor Who Allegedly Stalked America’s Ambassador in Ukraine
[www.thedailybeast.com]
Parnas Associate Tracked Ousted Ambassador’s Movements in Kyiv: Docs
[www.thedailybeast.com]

It's difficult to read these and not think the worst (link opens a pdf files)
[intelligence.house.gov]
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 15, 2020 08:15AM
pdq
Parnas has been itching to cooperate since the beginning, IMO. I think he realizes he was sucked into some serious @#$%&...uh, stuff by nefarious folks who remain unnamed, and now knows he's waaay over his head.

Dunno what will come of it, but it's certainly interesting.

I've not seen anything that leads me to believe that Parnas was in over his head - from everything I've read, this guy trafficks in under-the-table dirty deals and back-room intrigue.

I think he's trying to get himself out of trouble, and he doesn't owe anyone involved enough to stay quiet and go to prison. He's not going to get a pardon, so he might as well try to get a plea deal.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 212
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020