advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Let's face it; the Senate Republicans are scared of Trump
Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 06, 2020 11:06PM
[www.nytimes.com]

... I hope that the drip, drip, drip continues and becomes a waterfall, and then these frackers can be voted the frack out.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Let's face it; the Senate Republicans are scared of Trump
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 06, 2020 11:23PM

“Now that nothing you do is illegal, which of these would you like to send to Mitt Romney’s house?”
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: February 07, 2020 05:56AM
This is why I think it’s important that the Dems make voter turnout #1 priority. If they can flip the Senate and keep the House, 45’s hands will be tied even if he cheats his way back in for another term.

And Murder Moscow Mitch has to go...period.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: February 07, 2020 01:57PM
Keeping the House's focus on investigations is a mistake. Nancy needs to take the reins back and put infrastructure, drug prices, election security, etc. back on the Democrats' public plate.

No matter how you feel about the outcome, the American electorate is very sick and tired of impeachment.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 07, 2020 02:47PM
rjmacs
Keeping the House's focus on investigations is a mistake. Nancy needs to take the reins back and put infrastructure, drug prices, election security, etc. back on the Democrats' public plate.

No matter how you feel about the outcome, the American electorate is very sick and tired of impeachment.

There are those 400+ bills passed by the house sitting on MoscowMitch's desk. We've not got much done in the past 3 years but we've torn down much of what has been accomplished.
Date: February 07, 2020 02:51PM
vision63
rjmacs

There are those 400+ bills passed by the house sitting on MoscowMitch's desk. We've not got much done in the past 3 years but we've torn down much of what has been accomplished.

I hear you, but I'm talking about the public face of the work. It's election season now, not impeachment season.

rj
AKA
Date: February 07, 2020 03:05PM
rjmacs
vision63
rjmacs

I hear you, but I'm talking about the public face of the work. It's election season now, not impeachment season.

And we just had the first primary (caucus). All we can do is vote. One thing I guarantee is that he will continuously enrage the electorate. It's really not about him. People keep thinking that he beat us. No he didn't. If we're the Yankees and Babe Ruth is having a prolonged hissy fit, we'll probably lose even if we're better. We beat us. We're "more" than them. If people want to let slide our side's monkey shines (plus interference and suppression), then we'll get what we get, like we did last time.
Date: February 07, 2020 03:10PM
OK, let me get a little more fine tuned in my comments. It seems like Schiff and Nadler are itching to get back to their investigations into the president, to issue subpoenas and call witnesses, to keep the home fires burning at Impeachment Manor.

Nobody.
Wants.
To.
Hear.
It.

Nobody cares to see act 29 of this crappy impeachment play that we were contractually and morally obligated to produce, knowing it would be a critical success and a political flop.

Time to focus on the election, focus on the Democrats' vision for the future, and the grandeur of what can be if we win. Not John fucking Bolton.

rj
AKA
Date: February 07, 2020 03:20PM
rjmacs
OK, let me get a little more fine tuned in my comments. It seems like Schiff and Nadler are itching to get back to their investigations into the president, to issue subpoenas and call witnesses, to keep the home fires burning at Impeachment Manor.

Nobody.
Wants.
To.
Hear.
It.

Nobody cares to see act 29 of this crappy impeachment play that we were contractually and morally obligated to produce, knowing it would be a critical success and a political flop.

Time to focus on the election, focus on the Democrats' vision for the future, and the grandeur of what can be if we win. Not John fucking Bolton.

I disagree with the sentiment we should just let them slide moving forward while they continue to wreak havoc. Why should they get away with crimes? We never do. There isn't a single person in my very large Democratic Club that doesn't want to see them investigated, tried and imprisoned as much as possible.

People got one job. Vote for the Democrat.
Date: February 07, 2020 03:34PM
We'll get there.

rj
AKA
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 07, 2020 05:44PM
vision63
I disagree with the sentiment we should just let them slide moving forward while they continue to wreak havoc. Why should they get away with crimes? We never do. There isn't a single person in my very large Democratic Club that doesn't want to see them investigated, tried and imprisoned as much as possible.

Yahbut. We aren't talking to only Dems come November. Unenrolled make up something like 40%+ of the total electorate. FORTY PERCENT. The Dems lost that faction last time. Can we afford to lose that again and still get the prize?
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 07, 2020 05:52PM
"People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook" -- R. M. Nixon
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 07, 2020 06:27PM
GGD
"People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook" -- R. M. Nixon

They know, but most do not care.

Move on.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Date: February 07, 2020 07:09PM
mrbigstuff
vision63

Yahbut. We aren't talking to only Dems come November. Unenrolled make up something like 40%+ of the total electorate. FORTY PERCENT. The Dems lost that faction last time. Can we afford to lose that again and still get the prize?

We're not going to have 100% turnout. We're not going to turn out more people than we did in 2008 either. Maybe a little more. Be real.

WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET MORE VOTERS FROM THE OTHER SIDE! He owns them.

We just need to turn our own selves out. GOTV. Register as many people as possible and get them to the polls. We're going to have legions of idiots bitching about how difficult it is to register 5 days before the election when they can get registered right now today.
Posted by: Pam
Date: February 07, 2020 08:40PM
Don't discount the power Mitch has over his caucus. He holds the keys to a huge pot of dark money. And has and will use it to primary anyone who gets out of line.
Date: February 07, 2020 09:19PM
Pam
Don't discount the power Mitch has over his caucus. He holds the keys to a huge pot of dark money. And has and will use it to primary anyone who gets out of line.

True, but it's not all dark. I contribute to it sometimes.

[www.dscc.org]

I contribute more often to the DCCC.
Posted by: davester
Date: February 07, 2020 09:24PM
vision63
I disagree with the sentiment we should just let them slide moving forward while they continue to wreak havoc. Why should they get away with crimes? We never do.

I'm with vision times 10! It is important to keep the pressure on. Those among the electorate who are only half paying attention (most people) need to be reminded day in and day out that criminal behavior is continuing to occur under president a-hole. Don't give him an inch of slack. I'm quite fearful that this messed up country under the spell of a naziesque propaganda machine is going to install this nazi president again. We need to keep hammering on him. It's even worse now...he's undoubtedly realized that there are no bounds to the wrongdoing he can get away with.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 273
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018