advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Yeah, that was probably too graphic for the Oscars...
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 09, 2020 10:01PM
Commercial rejected by ABC and the MPAA:
[www.youtube.com]

Might not be safe for work.

Also, not safe for people stuck in the 1950s who think birth is a miracle with no thought for what comes next.

Women are tough.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Yeah, that was probably too graphic for the Oscars...
Posted by: SteveO
Date: February 09, 2020 10:36PM
Wow. Powerful spot.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 09, 2020 11:43PM
uh, no. they knew that wasn’t going to fly for national tv. went for the viral publicity of a rejection. not a bad plan, actually. less expensive.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 11:44PM by graylocks.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 10, 2020 12:21AM
graylocks
uh, no. they knew that wasn’t going to fly for national tv. went for the viral publicity of a rejection. not a bad plan, actually. less expensive.

Exactly my thought. I'm honestly not so sure that this ad really helps them sell a product. But it does a good job of making one aware that they exist.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 10, 2020 12:29AM
That's more graphic than any hemorrhoid commercial I have seen on broadcast TV. It really ought to be covered much better in high school biology and family planning classes than used to promote one brand of products.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 10, 2020 03:41AM
graylocks

Yup, especially with the rabble rousing, ‘The man just tryin’ to keep the sistahood down’ kicker of, “And we wonder why new moms feel unprepared.’ Because if you don’t learn about it from a TV commercial during the Oscars, how are you ever gonna know?big grin smiley

Here’s the story behind the company, behind the commercial. An interesting read. The commercial is part of a push for a new products line introduced last summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 04:11AM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 10, 2020 09:56AM
The company got thier start making a device for sucking snot out of the faces of small children. My wife uses it and considers it essential whereas I remember a time where we didn't do such things. I suspect I'm getting the benefit without doing the work.

Having gained the trust of moms everywhere the next step is to bring additional products to market focusing on their niche - early birth / childcare bodily, um, mucous.

Anyway, it seems their advertising campaign is working well.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 10, 2020 10:43AM
Blankity Blank
Here’s the story behind the company, behind the commercial. An interesting read. The commercial is part of a push for a new products line introduced last summer.

that was quite interesting. i hope they do well.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 10, 2020 11:40AM
The commercial makes me feel like it's my fault somehow that better products aren't on the market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 12:25PM by Acer.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 10, 2020 11:42AM
mattkime
The company got thier start making a device for sucking snot out of the faces of small children. My wife uses it and considers it essential whereas I remember a time where we didn't do such things. I suspect I'm getting the benefit without doing the work.

Having gained the trust of moms everywhere the next step is to bring additional products to market focusing on their niche - early birth / childcare bodily, um, mucous.

Anyway, it seems their advertising campaign is working well.

They actually got started when now CEO Chelsea Hirschhorn’s neighbor hinted around that she wanted to get somebody to take over a small business she had importing the snot sucker from Sweden.

Hirschhorn bought her out, built a real business with that first product as a kernel, and last summer launched this new line of products seen in the commercial.
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 10, 2020 02:13PM
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 11, 2020 02:03PM
This spot tells me zero about why Frida Mom products will make things easier. It's obviously done for the reason that Graylocks pointed out. I'd have been more impressed with a commercial that pointed out the things that the linked article did. "The research team includes doulas, midwives, and female physicians, all of whom filter through the nice-to-haves and boil it down to the have-to-haves." and "The FridaMom perineal healing foam box, for example, promises cooling pain relief from “@#$%& to tush.” The delivery gown, meanwhile, advertises a stylish side-button design and secure rear closure that “won’t leave you flapping in the wind when doing laps around the hospital.” The article impressed me, the commercial did not.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 11, 2020 11:56PM
The commercial was cleverly designed 'click bait' for an under capitalized start up. The sort of boost 'ordinary' marketing might never provide.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018