advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Updating Trump's lie: "no Americans were harmed" in Iranian missile attack on base (now 109)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 10, 2020 05:54PM
Trump tried to weasel out of "Locked and Loaded" threats. A lie and a phony policy continue to be exposed.

109 U.S. troops diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iran strike
[www.axios.com]

109 American troops suffered traumatic brain injuries as a result of Iran's Jan. 8 missile attack on U.S. bases in Iraq, the Defense Department said in a statement Monday.

Why it matters: The development, first reported by Reuters, is a significant jump from the 50 cases the Pentagon disclosed in late January — and more than triple the number disclosed in the immediate aftermath of the strike.

Traumatic brain injuries are not always detected immediately, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Pentagon spokesperson Thomas Campbell indicated in January that the numbers could increase.
Of the 109 troops diagnosed, 76 service members have returned to duty.

Yes, but: President Trump said that the injuries suffered by soldiers in the attack, which was a response to a U.S. strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani, weren't very serious — and brushed them off as "headaches."

That comment prompted the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the nation's largest veterans group, to ask Trump to apologize for minimizing the injuries.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Updating Trump's lie: "no Americans were harmed" in Iranian missile attack on base (now 109)
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 11, 2020 08:57AM
He hates our military.
Re: Updating Trump's lie: "no Americans were harmed" in Iranian missile attack on base (now 109)
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 11, 2020 01:54PM
"Trump says 'I won't be changing my mind' on his view that brain injuries suffered by US troops in Iran's attack are not very serious"

[www.businessinsider.com]

"And then a couple of weeks later I started hearing about people having to do with trauma, head trauma," he said. "That exists. But it's, you know, I viewed it a little bit differently than most, and I won't be changing my mind on that."

Toward the end of January, when the number of troops who had been diagnosed with mild TBIs had increased, Trump told reporters that the injuries were "not very serious."

"I heard that they had headaches and a couple of other things, but I would say and I can report that it's not very serious," he told reporters in Davos, Switzerland. "I don't consider them very serious injuries relative to other injuries that I've seen."
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 11, 2020 05:57PM
The Glorious Leader knows more than all the doctors.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 286
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018