advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Bloomberg takes early NH primary lead - for both parties!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 11, 2020 05:49AM
The five residents of Dixville Notch, New Hampshire, cast the first ballots in New Hampshire's primary at midnight Tuesday, and the small winner was former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, who did not campaign in the state and wasn't on the ballot. Bloomberg got the only write-in vote in the Republican primary, beating President Trump, and he got two Democratic write-in votes, putting him ahead of Pete Buttigieg and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), each of whom got one vote.

NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY
Dixville Notch, NH
1 GOP vote for Bloomberg
1 Dem vote for Buttigieg
1 Dem vote for Sanders
2 Dem votes for Bloomberg

Yeah, things will change (and likely already have) but still an interesting start to the day.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bloomberg takes early NH primary lead - for both parties!
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 11, 2020 08:38AM
The 6th guy in the room was an out-of-town Sanders supporter there to claim it was rigged by the DNC.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 11, 2020 09:13AM
legit Billionaire vs. illegit Billionaire....

It's like a Mad Magazine cartoon.
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 11, 2020 11:30AM
Bloomberg is the beneficiary of the hatchet job on Biden by MSM and the Trump admin. Not to mention some really good commercials. He's a known entity that hasn't been really all that vetted. If he doesn't peak too early, he'll be right there.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 11, 2020 04:50PM
When you’ve said things even Trump can say makes you sound racist.

Bloomberg in 2013, on the stop and frisk policy.
”I think we disproportionately stop whites too much and minorities too little. It’s exactly the reverse of what they’re saying. I don’t know where they went to school but they certainly didn’t take a math course or a logic course.”

Bloomberg on policing by xerox.
Ninety-five percent of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, it’s true in virtually every city...”
Posted by: sekker
Date: February 11, 2020 05:34PM
Bloomberg has owned AND apologized for Stop and Frisk.

A certain other white candidate, and Mayor, has not as far as I know. And I generally like that candidate.
Date: February 11, 2020 05:41PM
sekker

A certain other white candidate, and Mayor, has not as far as I know. And I generally like that candidate.

He's owned it, apologized for it and plans to atone for it. That's basically all I can ask.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 11, 2020 07:14PM
vision63
sekker

He's owned it, apologized for it and plans to atone for it. That's basically all I can ask. kept it up for years, all the while knowing that it was illegal and was ruining thousands upon thousands of lives. But I trust that even a racist who traded for decades on scaring white people into buying what he was selling and never cared about the consequences has miraculously changed overnight deep in his heart and will be a better person moving forward.

FTFY.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 11, 2020 07:59PM
sekker

You aren't actually comparing Pete and Mike, are you? Because the differences are completely off the scale.
Date: February 11, 2020 08:07PM
Sarcany
vision63
sekker

He's owned it, apologized for it and plans to atone for it. That's basically all I can ask. kept it up for years, all the while knowing that it was illegal and was ruining thousands upon thousands of lives. But I trust that even a racist who traded for decades on scaring white people into buying what he was selling and never cared about the consequences has miraculously changed overnight deep in his heart and will be a better person moving forward.

FTFY.

That's why we have the old checks and balances.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 11, 2020 11:47PM
vision63
Sarcany
vision63
sekker

FTFY.

So the forum has the checks and balances the government no longer has?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 12, 2020 12:04AM
I’ve defended Bloomberg before but this is where I draw the line.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 12, 2020 12:33AM
He won't be the nominee but whoever is probably won't win if he goes back on his promise to fund the campaign. Addled-man just pledged another $100+ million to the GOP.
Date: February 12, 2020 03:50AM
RgrF
vision63
Sarcany
vision63
sekker

FTFY.

So the forum has the checks and balances the government no longer has?

I'll always check your balance, no charge, cuz I love you and I want to you to be happy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018