advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
AGAIN! Ex-Ohio State wrestler claims Jim Jordan asked him to deny abuse allegations
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 12, 2020 06:46PM
It is obligatory to post this story

Gym Jordan wrestles with the truth once again

Ex-Ohio State wrestler claims Jim Jordan asked him to deny abuse allegations
[thehill.com]

A former captain of the Ohio State wrestling team on Tuesday testified before Ohio’s legislature that Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) asked him in 2018 to deny allegations that abuse by a former team doctor was widely known within the program.

Adam DiSabato, a member of the Ohio State wrestling program in the late '80s and early '90s, made the allegations amid a public hearing on legislation that would allow victims of former athletic department doctor Richard Strauss to waive the statute of limitations and sue the university for damages. An investigation found that Strauss abused at least 177 young men at the school's facilities between 1979 and 1998.

DiSabato said during the House Civil Justice Committee hearing that Jordan, an assistant wrestling coach from 1986-1994, knew about the sexual harassment and abuse that was taking place. He also asserted that the congressman repeatedly called him in July 2018 after his brother, Michael DiSabato, told press outlets that Strauss's abuse was common knowledge.

“Jim Jordan called me crying, groveling, begging me to go against my brother, begging me, crying for a half-hour," he said, according to video of the hearing. "That’s the kind of cover-up that’s going on there."

He also asserted that he eventually asked his lawyer to tell Jordan to stop calling him.

DiSabato is one of several former Ohio State wrestlers who filed a lawsuit against the university alleging that it ignored victims' complaints of Strauss's continued abuse. Jordan has repeatedly denied any knowledge of the abuse.

Ian Fury, a spokesman for Jordan's office, told Cleveland.com that the new testimony was "another lie."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 07:03PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ex-Ohio State wrestler claims Jim Jordan asked him to deny abuse allegations
Posted by: steve...
Date: February 12, 2020 07:09PM
He's up for re-election this year. Wonder what his chances are for losing.

Northern California Coast
Re: AGAIN! Ex-Ohio State wrestler claims Jim Jordan asked him to deny abuse allegations
Posted by: samintx
Date: February 12, 2020 07:50PM
jimmy has just been appointed to some chairmanship but I can't remember what it was. Duhhhhhh
Of course we all saw his stewardship in the proceedings of 2019, so well deserved for sure.
Re: AGAIN! Ex-Ohio State wrestler claims Jim Jordan asked him to deny abuse allegations
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 13, 2020 01:17PM
Gym Jordan is a disgusting person who looks out only for Gym Jordan.

Posted by: steve...
Date: February 13, 2020 10:14PM
Don't see how he can survive this week's allegations.

Is there anyone more obnoxious in Congress?

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 14, 2020 12:24AM
steve...
Is there anyone more obnoxious in Congress?

I don't know where to start. What goes into your definition of obnoxious: sleazy, bigoted, racist, perverted, sexist, two-faced, corrupt, self-dealing, traitorous?

Sessions was pretty far up the list even before he started supporting Cheeto, and he's trying to get reelected. Nunes tried to sue Twitter users to silence them even as he was a sponsor for legislation to limit trivial lawsuits, that's just one out of maybe a dozen ethical issues he has.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 313
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018