advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump administration taking $3.8 billion more from military for Mexico border wall
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 13, 2020 06:12PM
The Caligula Regime Rolls on.

Donald Trump plans to take $3.8 billion from the National Guard and Pentagon's ship and airplane building budget to fund his border wall

*Trump administration is transferring $3.8 billion in recently passed military funding to finance construction of the Mexico border wall
*Move by the Pentagon would transfer money from National Guard units, F-35 and V-22 Osprey aircraft procurement and shipbuilding
* Mack Thornberry , the top Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, slammed move as 'attack on Congress' constitutional authority'
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump administration taking $3.8 billion more from military for Mexico border wall
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 13, 2020 07:54PM
Steve G.
* Mack Thornberry , the top Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, slammed move as 'attack on Congress' constitutional authority'

And then went home to his Trump-loving supporters to tell them how much he supports the president.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Trump administration taking $3.8 billion more from military for Mexico border wall
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 13, 2020 08:38PM
I'm telling you, he hates our military. If only some organization could assemble a coordinated campaign to get this message out....
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 13, 2020 09:45PM
mrbigstuff
I'm telling you, he hates our military. If only some organization could assemble a coordinated campaign to get this message out....

I don’t believe he “hates” the military, he just has no respect for anyone who would join up.

In his narcissistic world view, only chumps end up doing military service, and chumps are beneath his concern.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 13, 2020 09:51PM
DeusxMac
mrbigstuff

I don’t believe he “hates” the military, he just has no respect for anyone who would join up.

In his narcissistic world view, only chumps end up doing military service, and chumps are beneath his concern.

Thats not fair, he likes the pageantry and senseless brutality.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 13, 2020 10:53PM
DeusxMac
mrbigstuff

I'm just developing an ad campaign for the dems. I'm betting they've got much better campaigns in mind, though. (Eye roll.)
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 14, 2020 09:33AM
The funny/sad thing is that Republican members of Congress were hunky-dory with diverting military funds used for housing and similar base improvements for the troops (IIRC), but now Trump is trying to hijack weapons system funds from deserving Miltary/Industrial complex vendors that make such weapons.

These folks are reliable political contributors, and represent pork for specific districts. This cannot stand!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018