advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
TRUMP LIE: Army REFUSES to investigate Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman despite Donald Trump saying the Pentagon would 'take a look' at Vindman
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 14, 2020 04:02PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — [www.usnews.com] Secretary Ryan McCarthy said Friday there is no investigation into the Army officer who until last week worked at the White House National Security Council and was a key witness in the impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump.

McCarthy said Lt. Col. Alex Vindman has been moved to a short-term assignment at Army headquarters until he starts a regularly scheduled stint at a military college later this year. McCarthy's comments at the National Press Club appeared to put an end to any debate about potential punishment of the officer, who came under fire for raising concerns about Trump’s July phone call with Ukraine’s president.

Trump on Tuesday suggested the Pentagon should review Vindman's conduct and said any potential disciplinary action would be up to the military. He said military officials “can handle him any way they want,” but added that the military would certainly take a look at his conduct.

Vindman was detailed by the Pentagon to the White House and testified before the House impeachment panel that Trump inappropriately pushed Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

Last week, just two days after the Senate acquitted Trump on abuse of power and obstruction of Congress charges, Vindman was ousted from his NSC job. His twin brother, Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman, who worked as an ethics lawyer at the NSC, also was removed from his job and was re-assigned to the Army General Counsel's Office.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: TRUMP LIE: Army REFUSES to investigate Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman despite Donald Trump saying the Pentagon would 'take a look' at Vindman
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 14, 2020 04:05PM
Trump is going to do a lot of damage in the 262 days until the 2020 election. Do anything you can to help vote him out.
Re: TRUMP LIE: Army REFUSES to investigate Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman despite Donald Trump saying the Pentagon would 'take a look' at Vindman
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 14, 2020 04:11PM
Steve G.
Trump is going to do a lot of damage in the 262 days until the 2020 election. Do anything you can to help vote him out.

And if he does lose, imagine the damage he can do in the 78 days until inauguration day.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 14, 2020 04:40PM
GGD
Steve G.

And if he does lose, imagine the damage he can do in the 78 days until inauguration day.

that's what scares me the most
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 14, 2020 04:51PM
hal
GGD
Steve G.

At that point, with the election being over, and knowing that they don't need to kiss his ass any longer, I would hope that both parties would quickly act together to remove him, giving Pence a very short term as the 46th president.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: February 14, 2020 05:15PM
GGD
hal
GGD
Steve G.

At that point, with the election being over, and knowing that they don't need to kiss his ass any longer, I would hope that both parties would quickly act together to remove him, giving Pence a very short term as the 46th president.

And give Pence a chance to pardon Trump for all crimes.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 14, 2020 06:18PM
GGD
[And if he does lose, imagine the damage he can do in the 78 days until inauguration day.

If the Senate flips as well, it will be a very scary 78 days. I wouldn't mind an amendment that allows any new laws or appointments (incl judges) made during the lame duck session to be overturned or withdrawn by the next Congress. It would keep both parties in check during that time and better reflect the will of the people. I have a feeling that is going to become increasingly important in the future.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 14, 2020 06:58PM
Maybe the armed forces will start awarding medals for standing up to President Bone Spurs. Same thing for diplomats, Yovanovitch should get something along the lines of Congressional Gold Medal.

So may aspects of our election system are holdovers of the horse and buggy era where it took a day to travel 30 miles. Conventions should be no more than 2 months before the election, and the first primary should be no more than 2 months before the convention.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 14, 2020 07:50PM
Ombligo
GGD
[And if he does lose, imagine the damage he can do in the 78 days until inauguration day.

If the Senate flips as well, it will be a very scary 78 days. I wouldn't mind an amendment that allows any new laws or appointments (incl judges) made during the lame duck session to be overturned or withdrawn by the next Congress. It would keep both parties in check during that time and better reflect the will of the people. I have a feeling that is going to become increasingly important in the future.

Constitutional amendments are a thing of the past. If a country not as divided couldn't pass the ERA amendment, a seriously divided country will never pass any amendment of any sort for any reason.

(if we could only find a way to revoke Murdoch's citizenship, deport him and then reinstate the Fairness Doctrine...)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: February 15, 2020 08:21AM
Filliam H. Muffman
Maybe the armed forces will start awarding medals for standing up to President Bone Spurs. Same thing for diplomats, Yovanovitch should get something along the lines of Congressional Gold Medal.

So may aspects of our election system are holdovers of the horse and buggy era where it took a day to travel 30 miles. Conventions should be no more than 2 months before the election, and the first primary should be no more than 2 months before the convention.

Being sent to the Senior Service College is hardly a black mark...I still say they both end up retiring at O-6 (assuming that's what they want) once their current C-I-C is out of office.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2020 08:22AM by Bill in NC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018