advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Heart attacks
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 19, 2020 10:00AM
Bernie's had at least one, and that happened in the past year. Now says he won't release any additional medical records. Bernie's spokesperson says Bloomberg has also had heart attacks and that requests for Bernie's records are a smear campaign.

We know all about Trump and medical records.

Is the health ad fitness of the candidate important and if so how do we evaluate that ? We're looking at the high probability of every candidate in this contest being an over 70 male, some close to 80.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Heart attacks
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 19, 2020 11:17AM
The spokesperson misspoke, Mike had stents but not as a result of a heart attack.
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 19, 2020 11:18AM
Old is one thing, and not disqualifying on its own (naturally, my attitude on this softens as I age myself). But old with a record of significant cardiac events is another thing. Maybe not disqualifying outright, but you have to take it into account. And the only way to do that is to have accurate information.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 19, 2020 11:20AM
At 80, everyone is on borrowed time. That isn't attacking seniors, it is just how life works. Florida had a 68-year-old governor who appeared in very good health. He dropped dead of a heart attack while using a treadmill in the governor's mansion.

Should it matter? depends on who they select as a running mate.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 19, 2020 11:51AM
RgrF
The spokesperson misspoke, Mike had stents but not as a result of a heart attack.

Of course she 'misspoke'...and now it's out there. Classic campaign tactics.

PS- Bloomberg had the stents done 20 years ago before he became mayor of NYC for 12 years.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: February 19, 2020 12:33PM
Please read this re what Bernie has released:

[twitter.com]
Date: February 19, 2020 01:03PM
anonymouse1
Please read this re what Bernie has released:

[twitter.com]

Yes he's doing OK based on that doctor's summary letter. But why say you won't release any records in the future? Typically the president releases results of a health exam every year but we seem to be in a new era with that.
Date: February 19, 2020 01:12PM
Steve G.
RgrF

Of course she 'misspoke'...and now it's out there. Classic campaign tactics.

PS- Bloomberg had the stents done 20 years ago before he became mayor of NYC for 12 years.

Isn't that what surrogates are for? Your buddy Mike is spending $2500/wk per person to have people say nice things about him on social media - you otta' sign up.
Posted by: hal
Are we really at a point where they are arguing over which old white man has had more heart attacks?

2024 can't get here soon enough

My mom was pretty sharp at 78 and now at 84 she can't remember what she had for breakfast if you ask her at 10AM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2020 01:33PM by hal.
Hell for $2500/wk - I'll sign up!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 19, 2020 01:34PM
All are too old except Pete. He’s too young.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 19, 2020 01:44PM
Don't forget that Trump is avoiding the 'stress of the job' by basically not doing it.
"Executive Time" waiting for Fox to tell him what to do.
Date: February 19, 2020 01:47PM
cbelt3
Don't forget that Trump is avoiding the 'stress of the job' by basically not doing it.
"Executive Time" waiting for Fox to tell him what to do.

That's a great point.
Does look as though he's packed on some pounds since 2016. I think he's doing some emotional eating.
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 19, 2020 02:02PM
hal
Are we really at a point where they are arguing over which old white man has had more heart attacks?

2024 can't get here soon enough

My mom was pretty sharp at 78 and now at 84 she can't remember what she had for breakfast if you ask her at 10AM.

yo sweet mama
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 19, 2020 03:00PM
hal
I know! It's freaking crazy.

Either Sanders is hiding something, or he is allowing the perception that he is hiding something. So he's either duplicitous, or bad at managing his public relations. That's a lose/lose in the transparency department.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 206
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018