advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
We have tremendous control
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 15, 2020 05:17PM
Over this virus. Says our president. I posted because I didn’t want you to worry.smiley-gen013
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: We have tremendous control
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: March 15, 2020 06:00PM
thanks... relieved here.... facepalm
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 15, 2020 06:49PM
Expect Martial Law class proclamations to follow.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 15, 2020 09:51PM
cbelt3
Expect Martial Law class proclamations to follow.

First step - new CDC recommendations of no gatherings over 50.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 15, 2020 11:04PM
Trump:

He can't even control himself - especially his mouth. What federal government control there is is because Pence has finally begun to assemble enough science and technocratic expertise to get things going. Better late than never.

We, as a collective society, though, are the ones who ultimately control the rate of infection of vulnerable people. We are the vectors. To slow down transmission rates we need to reduce our personal interactions. That's a fact jack. We control whether or not this pandemic overwhelms health services.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 11:09PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 16, 2020 12:25AM
Ted King
Trump:

He can't even control himself - especially his mouth. What federal government control there is is because Pence has finally begun to assemble enough science and technocratic expertise to get things going. Better late than never.

We, as a collective society, though, are the ones who ultimately control the rate of infection of vulnerable people. We are the vectors. To slow down transmission rates we need to reduce our personal interactions. That's a fact jack. We control whether or not this pandemic overwhelms health services.

It seems like about 45% of the people think this is a joke. I wonder who they are.
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 16, 2020 08:13AM
My FIL, who (sadly) watches Fox News all day, told us yesterday that some projections are that it Covid could kill 200,000 people, and that “in his day, that was known as “warmongering”.”

confused smiley

Although his health is failing, he’s still fairly with-it, which makes me wonder if this was some sort of weird right-wing meme he picked up.

Anyway, at say a 1% mortality rate, that would take 20M infections, which may be high, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility given the time our orange Nero has fiddled while Rome is burning.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 16, 2020 12:51PM
February 26 at the White House- source whitehouse.gov

"We — we’re ready to adapt and we’re ready to do whatever we have to as the disease spreads, if it spreads. As most of you know, the — the level that we’ve had in our country is very low, and those people are getting better, or we think that in almost all cases they’re better, or getting. We have a total of 15. We took in some from Japan — you heard about that — because they’re American citizens, and they’re in quarantine. And they’re getting better too.

But we felt we had an obligation to do that. It could have been as many as 42. And we found that we were — it was just an obligation we felt that we had. We could have left them, and that would have been very bad — very bad, I think — of American people. And they’re recovering.

Of the 15 people — the “original 15,” as I call them — 8 of them have returned to their homes, to stay in their homes until fully recovered. One is in the hospital and five have fully recovered. And one is, we think, in pretty good shape and it’s in between hospital and going home.

So we have a total of — but we have a total of 15 people, and they’re in a process of recovering, with some already having fully recovered."
-
"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

-[www.whitehouse.gov]
Posted by: hal
Date: March 16, 2020 01:47PM
how long until all of this and his twitter account gets scrubbed?

Steve G.
February 26 at the White House- source whitehouse.gov

"We — we’re ready to adapt and we’re ready to do whatever we have to as the disease spreads, if it spreads. As most of you know, the — the level that we’ve had in our country is very low, and those people are getting better, or we think that in almost all cases they’re better, or getting. We have a total of 15. We took in some from Japan — you heard about that — because they’re American citizens, and they’re in quarantine. And they’re getting better too.

But we felt we had an obligation to do that. It could have been as many as 42. And we found that we were — it was just an obligation we felt that we had. We could have left them, and that would have been very bad — very bad, I think — of American people. And they’re recovering.

Of the 15 people — the “original 15,” as I call them — 8 of them have returned to their homes, to stay in their homes until fully recovered. One is in the hospital and five have fully recovered. And one is, we think, in pretty good shape and it’s in between hospital and going home.

So we have a total of — but we have a total of 15 people, and they’re in a process of recovering, with some already having fully recovered."
-
"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

-[www.whitehouse.gov]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018