advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
My neighbors are not taking this seriously
Posted by: hal
Date: March 19, 2020 07:22PM
I'm a news junky and for the last three years, I've considered it a curse. Reading ever damn thing that Trump does is wearing me down. BUT we news junkies (that's just about everybody here) have been hearing reports of COVID all along.

I'm listening to my neighbors outside talking about the state of things. They are both talking about what they think is really going on and complaining that you just can't find real information... In talking to one of these guys earlier I balked at his complaint. "Go to the CDC website and read it".

It seemed like I suggested taking a trip to Mars. The idea of looking up what the scientists are saying hasn't even occurred to either of these guys. This was the guy that told me that he went to the store to pick up some stuff and the toilet paper was all gone. He was completely surprised and unprepared for that.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: My neighbors are not taking this seriously
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 19, 2020 07:29PM
Wonder how he voted, if he voted.
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 19, 2020 07:34PM
These are the people that will be occupying the scarce hospital beds, that we're flattening the curve for.

Will it be a total surprise to your community if a shelter-in-place order is issued? Here in the Bay Area people were preparing and aware long before it was mandatory.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 19, 2020 07:50PM
The SFV has about the same population as Sacramento County and this place is like in lockdown compared to usual activity - folks here are aware and holding their collective breaths (which is actually a good thing when you stop to think about itrolleyes smiley)
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 19, 2020 09:36PM
Looking for something to confirm their bias.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 365
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018