advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
45’s polling rise
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 22, 2020 08:33AM
[thehill.com]

I keep reading articles that the Deplorables dont care how badly he is handling this crisis. They still think it is the corrupt media and 45 is doing just fine.facepalm

PS: Hanes is making masks BUT NOT THE N-95 safe masks .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2020 08:37AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 45’s polling rise
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 22, 2020 09:16AM
The deplorables are irredeemable. The worse things get, the more they double down on their hero.

Fortunately, they are a minority.
Date: March 22, 2020 09:46AM
Max Boot today says the unspeakable:

This wouldn’t have happened if Hillary Clinton had won

... We couldn’t have avoided the coronavirus, but we could have ameliorated its effects.

... Because of Trump’s negligence, the United States lost two months of response time — precious days that should have been used to test the population, produce more N95 masks and ventilators, and build new hospital beds.

... There were many reasons Trump won [the last election]. Ironically, one of the most oft-cited was the desire to blow everything up, because Trump voters were convinced that things couldn’t get any worse than they were in 2016. As they shelter in their homes and the economy grinds to a halt, I wonder if perhaps they now realize how good they had it under President Barack Obama?

... The underlying assumption was that the federal government is so unimportant that it could be handed over safely to a reality TV star who revels in “unpresidented” behavior.

... The price of “owning the libs” turns out to be far higher than even most Trump critics could have imagined.

... In a way, you almost can’t blame Trump for his epic incompetence: He is who he is. He didn’t deceive anyone. I blame the voters who elected him - and the senators who refused to impeach him. They should have known better. Because they didn’t, we will all pay a fearful price.

One of those pieces that could only have come from a former conservative and GOP partisan.

Meanwhile, the New York Post whines that the media are being mean to Trump. Waaaaaaahh!

RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 22, 2020 09:48AM
fwiw thehill.com is a mainstream republican site claiming to be moderate by an older definition. They always end up where the rest of the party of Trump stands.

It does look like he's gotten a slight bump in poll numbers but there's little reason to give it meaning.

Re: 45’s polling ris
Date: March 22, 2020 10:00AM
The Hill was where John Solomon published his pieces pushing the Ukraine/Biden pseudoscandal containing Trumpian fake news.

Solomon's columns were routinely amplified by Trump and featured on Fox News' prime-time opinion shows. They also formed a significant part of the rebuttal to the House's impeachment charges by Trump's allies in Congress and his legal team.

They finally had to throw him out. He’s at Faux News now, his true home.

Anyway, The Hill gets way more “centrist” credit than it deserves.
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 22, 2020 10:08AM
Kim Jong-un's sister claims that President Trump sent a personal letter to the North Korean leader offering to help the country combat the coronavirus outbreak.

If true glad 45 is spending his time where it is important and needed. Good priorities. How can he help anyone?smiley-talk034
Date: March 22, 2020 10:11AM
samintx
Kim Jong-un's sister claims that President Trump sent a personal letter to the North Korean leader offering to help the country combat the coronavirus outbreak.

North Korean outbreak? What outbreak? The virus would never dare invade Kim’s utopia.
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 22, 2020 10:12AM
Please, please get out and vote, and get all your sane friends to get out and vote.
I live in a red county in a red state, but we did get a Democratic congresswoman last time, so I will do my part, and hope for the best.
I truly hope that ALL people who know how awful Trump and his self serving friends are will get out and vote. Trump's supporters will get out, don't you think they won't, so the only way to win this time is to get more sane people out to the polls.
As bad as he is at everything else, this should show how dangerous his stupidity and narcissistic behavior can be. If he even had competent people around him, that would help, but he doesn't.
We need this nightmare to be over, please, please, please.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 22, 2020 10:18AM
rgG
Please, please get out and vote, and get all your sane friends to get out and vote.
I live in a red county in a red state, but we did get a Democratic congresswoman last time, so I will do my part, and hope for the best.
I truly hope that ALL people who know how awful Trump and his self serving friends are will get out and vote. Trump's supporters will get out, don't you think they won't, so the only way to win this time is to get more sane people out to the polls.
As bad as he is at everything else, this should show how dangerous his stupidity and narcissistic behavior can be. If he even had competent people around him, that would help, but he doesn't.
We need this nightmare to be over, please, please, please.

What she said
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 22, 2020 10:37AM
pdq
Max Boot today says the unspeakable:

If HRC were president and recommended the levels of quarantine we currently have before the @#$%& hit the fan, I can only imagine how many bird sanctuaries would now be overrun by Meal Team Six.

Remember Jade Helm?
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 22, 2020 12:16PM
Quotes from friends of friends on facebook:
"He's my President. I'm voting for him next election. Trump 2020!"
"Don't believe the leftist press. Trump is great. Trump 2020!"

It's as though it's a game of Follow the Leader. There's no independent thought whatsoever.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 22, 2020 01:21PM
S. Pupp

It's as though it's a game of Follow the Leader. There's no independent thought whatsoever.

My wife, one of the most empathic people I know - wait until people have lost loved ones, the game will change.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 22, 2020 01:39PM
sekker
S. Pupp

My wife, one of the most empathic people I know - wait until people have lost loved ones, the game will change.

No. They will never ever ever change; not over 5% of them.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 22, 2020 01:45PM
Dennis S
sekker
S. Pupp

No. They will never ever ever change; not over 5% of them.

5% is the difference between a loss and a win in 2020.
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 22, 2020 01:53PM
Are you better off now than you were four years ago?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 22, 2020 02:25PM
btfc

If you consider being able to practice your racism with abandon, many people are.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 22, 2020 03:13PM
Dennis S
btfc

If you consider being able to practice your racism with abandon, many people are.

yup. that is what it boils down to. and the fact that many of these folks need a "hero figure" to worship and to lead them to the Promised Land, because it makes life so much easier to understand that way.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: March 22, 2020 05:23PM
"A cult of personality, or cult of the leader, arises when a country's regime – or, more rarely, an individual – uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise."
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 22, 2020 07:53PM
45’s polling rise

That isn't what Stormy said. Maybe a whack or two with Forbes.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 23, 2020 05:15AM
President Trumps ratings are growing, up to 55% positive now.

[www.newsweek.com]

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018