advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
For once, I agree with Liz Cheney and Lindsey Graham
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 24, 2020 03:41PM
Or maybe, in this case they agree with me.

They understand that this is not just about people getting sick from the virus, it's about the overloading of the hospital system.

And they think 45 is nuts.

[www.usatoday.com]

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wy., shared Gottlieb's post and echoed his concern.

"There will be no normally functioning economy if our hospitals are overwhelmed and thousands of Americans of all ages, including our doctors and nurses, lay dying because we have failed to do what’s necessary to stop the virus," she said.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., a close ally to the president urged him Monday not to "back off aggressive containment policies within the United States."

Graham shared an article from The Washington Post about Trump's apparent embrace of the growing argument from conservative media personalities that the cure was becoming worse than the disease.

"When it comes to how to fight #CoronavirusPandemic, I’m making my decisions based on healthcare professionals like Dr. Fauci and others, not political punditry," Graham tweeted.

"Try running an economy with major hospitals overflowing, doctors and nurses forced to stop treating some because they can’t help all, and every moment of gut-wrenching medical chaos being played out in our living rooms, on TV, on social media, and shown all around the world," Graham said.

On Tuesday, Graham said he liked New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's "explanation of how to balance reopening the economy against public health concerns."

"He rightfully said we can do both but it must be done smartly, always erring on the side of public health," Graham said.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: For once, I agree with Liz Cheney and Lindsey Graham
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 24, 2020 03:49PM
Ha, I almost posted the same thing! Agree with Liz Cheney? Unthinkable!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 24, 2020 03:51PM
“and every moment of gut-wrenching medical chaos being played out in our living rooms, on TV, on social media, and shown all around the world," Graham said.“

Yep, bad politics.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 24, 2020 05:12PM
even Caligula noticed it was raining every once in awhile. Don't waste your time on these two. They are basically 100% Trump enablers and equally guilty of trying to destroy this country. Their consistent votes make that clear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 05:13PM by Steve G..
Posted by: Ammo
Date: March 25, 2020 12:52PM
I don’t listen to anything Lindsey Graham says. His shtick is to initially question Trump on issues to prove he is an independent, but always supports Trump’s position in the end.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 247
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018