advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I LOVE this: The senate bill blocks Trump from getting any stimulus money for his properties
Posted by: hal
Date: March 25, 2020 03:15PM
[www.nbcnews.com]

President Donald Trump will not be eligible for any federal assistance for his businesses as part of the coronavirus stimulus package that the Senate agreed upon early Wednesday morning, draft text of the bill showed.

That draft text includes a provision to prohibit businesses controlled by the president, vice president, members of Congress, heads of executive departments and their immediate family members — spouses, children and in-laws — from receiving loans or investments from Treasury programs as part of the stimulus package.

That measure came out of negotiations on a portion of the bill providing $500 billion in loans to distressed industries. That fund would be under the Treasury Department's control and could include bailout payments to hard-hit businesses like hotels and cruise lines.

Speaking on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., was pressed on whether the provision was unfair.

"I think the danger is much greater the other way, Joe, that if they get a financial interest then they’ll make policy decisions leaning and bending in that direction," Schumer said. "Look, I’ve always believed ... that those who make the laws shouldn’t directly benefit monetarily from those laws. We’ve tried to get better and better and better at that, and this is just another example. It’s not aimed just at Donald Trump, but at anyone in high office."

yeah, sure.... :-)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I LOVE this: The senate bill blocks Trump from getting any stimulus money for his properties
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: March 25, 2020 03:18PM
YES! Can’t wait to see what Cheeto twits about this...
Re: I LOVE this: The senate bill blocks Trump from getting any stimulus money for his properties
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 25, 2020 03:19PM
Oh my, I did not know that. Very glad to hear it.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 25, 2020 04:00PM
Watch, he'll veto it

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 25, 2020 04:16PM
None of the upper echelon of elected officials/department heads will get money. Which is as it should be.

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 25, 2020 04:26PM
I can imagine the look on his face - everyone else gets fries with their Happy Meals, and he's stuck with apple slices.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: hal
Date: March 25, 2020 04:59PM
I hope they put in the option that he COULD get the monies his properties might deserve if he immediately resigns.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 25, 2020 10:31PM
But the cruise lines that are not USA based with ships that are not USA flagged with crews that are not USA citizens and which are not repaired in USA shipyards and are floating Petri dishes are getting bailed out. Almost as bad as Pres. Trump getting bailed out.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 26, 2020 12:07AM
Speedy
But the cruise lines that are not USA based with ships that are not USA flagged with crews that are not USA citizens and which are not repaired in USA shipyards and are floating Petri dishes are getting bailed out. Almost as bad as Pres. Trump getting bailed out.

By osmosis, bailing out the hospitality industry in general bails out Trump hospitality sites.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 26, 2020 09:06AM
He will get money.

Grifters gonna grift.

If it's illegal (even unconstitutional), well, we have seen the consequences he faces for that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018