advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump’s Campaign Slaps TV Stations With Cease And Desist Letter To Try To Halt Ad Attacking His Coronavirus Response
Posted by: hal
Date: March 26, 2020 11:49AM
Trump’s Campaign Slaps TV Stations With Cease And Desist Letter To Try To Halt Ad Attacking His Coronavirus Response

[twitter.com]

Donald Trump’s reelection campaign has fired off a cease and desist letter to TV stations, warning them to stop airing an ad from a pro-Joe Biden Super PAC that is a scathing attack on the president’s response to the coronavirus crisis.

The spot features a graph mapping coronavirus cases in the U.S. over the past two months, with audio of comments Trump has made downplaying the threat of the virus.

In their letter to stations, the Trump campaign says that the Super PAC, Priorities USA Action, “stitched together fragments from multiple speeches by President Trump to fraudulently and maliciously imply that President Trump called the coronavirus outbreak a ‘hoax.’ They contend that Trump was in fact “talking about the Democrat’s politicization of the outbreak when he used the word ‘hoax.'” FactCheck.org noted that Trump told reporters the next day that he was not calling the virus a hoax, but the Democrats’ response to it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump’s Campaign Slaps TV Stations With Cease And Desist Letter To Try To Halt Ad Attacking His Coronavirus Response
Date: March 26, 2020 11:52AM
[secondnexus.com]

this one follows the obvious "Streisand effect" generated by the cease and desist letters...
Re: Trump’s Campaign Slaps TV Stations With Cease And Desist Letter To Try To Halt Ad Attacking His Coronavirus Response
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 26, 2020 11:56AM
My local public radio station, KUOW, has stopped broadcasting the White House press briefings because they consist of "exaggerations and false information that were not fact checked in real time."
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 26, 2020 12:00PM
Lemon Drop
My local public radio station, KUOW, has stopped broadcasting the White House press briefings because they consist of "exaggerations and false information that were not fact checked in real time."

Yoinks! Kinda makes it harder to avoid the question: "are we three years and a couple months too late doing this?"

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 26, 2020 12:05PM
rjmacs
Lemon Drop

Yoinks! Kinda makes it harder to avoid the question: "are we three years and a couple months too late doing this?"

exactly - with that reasoning they can't broadcast anything he says...
Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 26, 2020 12:46PM
Sounds like everything is factually correct so suck it!

Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 26, 2020 12:51PM
Lemon Drop

thumbsup smiley

I wish all networks would stop covering his briefings.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 26, 2020 01:09PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2020 01:10PM by Ted King.
Date: March 26, 2020 01:58PM
I think most news orgs are not going to carry the briefings live and complete anymore. Especially after a TWO HOUR slog with very little new information, but lots of presidential praising.

There is no need. These are just daily updates - no BIG NEWS - no need for wall to wall coverage. Trump is pissed! He thinks the world should stop every time he opens his mouth.

I guarantee that once the briefings are no longer covered live, Trump will stop showing up to them.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 26, 2020 02:45PM
These daily "Trump Rallies" are devolving into rants about his wall, his dedication, his wealth, his hardships because of his wealth, his genius … way past time to put a stop to them.
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 26, 2020 03:20PM
I'm sure he's going to provide evidence of this hoax that he was actually talking about to backup his legal position.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 26, 2020 05:41PM
This thing is evolving to fast for the briefings to go away and I don't think people want them to stop - most'd just prefer he go away and let the experts brief us.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 26, 2020 08:55PM
hal
I think most news orgs are not going to carry the briefings live and complete anymore. Especially after a TWO HOUR slog with very little new information, but lots of presidential praising.

There is no need. These are just daily updates - no BIG NEWS - no need for wall to wall coverage. Trump is pissed! He thinks the world should stop every time he opens his mouth.

I guarantee that once the briefings are no longer covered live, Trump will stop showing up to them.

Faux News will continue to cover them no matter what happens or what he says.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 26, 2020 08:58PM
Faux News will continue to cover them no matter what happens or what he says.

Hal said news orgs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 208
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020