AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Here's the latest update from the Resurrection White House
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 26, 2020 01:13PM
rjmacs

But now he's a White House reporter!

Who Trump called on in that press conference right after berating an actual reporter for posing a question he didn't like and didn't answer.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 26, 2020 01:33PM
CEO of largest NY health provider: Only science can dictate coronavirus drug treatments
Published Thu, Mar 26 20201:46 PM EDT

Northwell Health CEO Michael Dowling on Thursday called for caution regarding potential drug treatments for COVID-19.

“You can’t let politics dictate, what people would like to see dictate,” Dowling said on CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street.” “You’ve got to let the science dictate, because if you don’t, you’ll do damage to people.”

Dowling, whose 23-hospital system is the largest health-care provider in New York state, said it is OK to be optimistic about the experimental treatments underway, “but you’ve got to wait until you can prove” that it is effective in treating COVID-19.

In fact, Dowling said he was personally optimistic about some of the trials underway at Northwell Health’s hospitals. The health system is working with Regeneron and Gilead Sciences to test the efficacy of existing drugs.

Northwell Health does not have “definitive results yet,” Dowling cautioned.

“But I am pretty certain that within the next week or two we’re going to find out that one or more of these drugs do make a difference and that would obviously change the landscape when that happens,” said Dowling.

The drugs in trial at Northwell Health are Gilead Sciences’ remdesivir and sarilumab, which was developed by Regeneron and Sanofi, according to the Long Island Press.

New York has more than 33,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases as of Thursday morning, far more than any other state in the U.S., according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The country as a whole has more than 69,000 cases.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 26, 2020 03:24PM
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 26, 2020 06:40PM
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 26, 2020 10:27PM
At the bottom of that front page: Noah's out for WHAT year? I don't think this year is a big issue.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 27, 2020 12:12AM
$tevie
At the bottom of that front page: Noah's out for WHAT year? I don't think this year is a big issue.

I was going to say all the athletes should take advantage of this downtime and have surgeries, except the hospitals are all clogged up.
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 27, 2020 09:45AM
Dennis S
$tevie

I was going to say all the athletes should take advantage of this downtime and have surgeries, except the hospitals are all clogged up.

You know that depends on the size of your contract.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 209
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020